The Gathering
[table width=350 style="background:white;border:silver 1px solid; padding:3px;margin-left:5px"][tr][td]Parental Units Admini10[/td]
[td]

Welcome to the anything and everything forum, The Gathering.[/td][/tr]

[tr][td colspan="2"]You may either choose to log-in, or register if you have not yet joined! TG contains a plethora of organic content that is sure to spark your interests.

We hope you enjoy your visit.

Sincerely, Cjanz, Donald Williams, JaketheSnake, MasonK565 and Silent_Brad
Forum Staff
[/td][/tr][/table]

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Gathering
[table width=350 style="background:white;border:silver 1px solid; padding:3px;margin-left:5px"][tr][td]Parental Units Admini10[/td]
[td]

Welcome to the anything and everything forum, The Gathering.[/td][/tr]

[tr][td colspan="2"]You may either choose to log-in, or register if you have not yet joined! TG contains a plethora of organic content that is sure to spark your interests.

We hope you enjoy your visit.

Sincerely, Cjanz, Donald Williams, JaketheSnake, MasonK565 and Silent_Brad
Forum Staff
[/td][/tr][/table]
The Gathering
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Extras

Gallery

Parental Units Empty
Poll

Which 3 (Or less) in 1997?

Parental Units I_vote1010%Parental Units I_vote11 10% [ 1 ]
Parental Units I_vote1040%Parental Units I_vote11 40% [ 4 ]
Parental Units I_vote100%Parental Units I_vote11 0% [ 0 ]
Parental Units I_vote1020%Parental Units I_vote11 20% [ 2 ]

Total Votes : 10

Latest topics
» Tim's Movie Review of the Day: 'The Hangover Part II' (2011)
Parental Units EmptyMon May 30, 2011 8:52 pm by Timma1986

» Tim's Movie Review of the Day: 'Apocalypse Now' (1979)
Parental Units EmptyMon May 23, 2011 9:07 pm by Timma1986

» Tim's Movie Review of the Day: 'Almost Famous' (2000)
Parental Units EmptyTue May 17, 2011 6:54 pm by Timma1986

» AGGRON!
Parental Units EmptySun May 15, 2011 8:25 pm by ZIMMER1994

» Anybody Collect Anything?
Parental Units EmptyThu May 05, 2011 11:04 pm by lakeg

» Tim's Movie Review of the Day: 'Shaun of the Dead' (2004)
Parental Units EmptyThu May 05, 2011 9:40 pm by Timma1986

» Original Riffs
Parental Units EmptyTue May 03, 2011 1:43 am by Cjanz

» Which 2011 sequel are you most excited for?
Parental Units EmptyMon May 02, 2011 9:26 pm by MasonK565

» RELEASE!
Parental Units EmptyMon May 02, 2011 9:24 pm by MasonK565

Affiliates

Parental Units IVIBanner4Kopie

Parental Units Get-attachment-1_reasonably_small

The Open World Project is trying to raise money so that a school in Nepal can get at least two laptops with internet access. This could change the world for a generation of children.

Support Us!

Follow TG!

Parental Units

+5
JakeTheSnake
Cjanz
Apollo
Taylawr
Spishnittlestick
9 posters

Go down

Parental Units Empty Parental Units

Post by Spishnittlestick Fri Jul 25, 2008 7:59 pm

I must say, over the course of my life, I have become increasingly dissatisfied with my parents. I'm the oldest child, so I'm given the hardest time about everything. People have said my parents are 'nazis' and a variety of other things. Overall, I can't wait two more years to bail and get out of here.

*mini rant*

My mom is constantly yelling, screaming, complaining, and just being a plain nuisance. Every time I get a phone call, she always has to play her version of 20 questions (hostile interrogation), usually while I'm in mid conversation. She disproves of online friends, and keeps complaining about me not knowing who they are, etc etc (I'm so sick of hearing it all). She freaks out over the stupidest things and needs to chillll.

My dad is the kind of guy who believes that he is right. And that's it. Whatever the situation, he's right, and better; Myself(or anyone else [I've asked his employees about this too, they agree] is found to be inferior and wrong. He hates being proven wrong in any way (and you all know how I am about debate, lolz). In addition, his short temper makes things very unpleasant very quickly. He expects to be treated like royalty, yet issues no respect in return. He's very demanding.

Overall, whenever I bring up an issue that I'm unhappy with, with hopes to improve my situation, instead of helping me out, they threaten to make the situation even worse ('What? You're upset that we're forcing you to work a hard, dangerous, grueling, job as an employee under your father's business while paying you less than minimum wage? How would you like to work for free instead?').

They have no trust in me or any of my friends, and that always sucks.

That and they're always contradicting themselves based on the situation at hand. This is exceptionally bothersome. In one instance a year ago, my parents denied my request to go with my exceptional friend Scotty to his church group because they believed it would brainwash me. Whatever. Earlier this year, when I proclaimed my atheism, their reaction was "Don't tell me you're an atheist...You'll burn in hell for sure!".

Yeah yeah, whatever.

VOID.

*/mini rant*

Eventually, after years of rebellion to attempt revolution, I just gave up. It's no longer worth the losses. I'm just waiting to bail...

So yeahh! lolz

How are your relationships with your parents?
Spishnittlestick
Spishnittlestick
Top Poster
Top Poster

Male
Interests : Art, Music, Technology, Veganism, Straight Edge
Registration date : 2008-06-26

http://www.myspace.com/spishnittlestick

Back to top Go down

Parental Units Empty Re: Parental Units

Post by Taylawr Fri Jul 25, 2008 8:32 pm

omg do you live at my house?

My mother nags so much that I can actually put myself into a temporary mesmeric state, and then she yells at me for not listening.

Oh, and exactly, my dad is always right. His favorite phrases are, "Hurry up!" -- for instance, ironically, when we are late for church. HURRY UP.

I'm also the oldest. So I'm responsible for e-e-e-e-e-everything my little brother does. I get to watch him all the time. doesn't feel like there's anything I can do about it but rebel, but I'm lazy so I've just sunk to languidly wandering around, though from my livid expression you must know I haven't completely succumbed.
Taylawr
Taylawr

Female
Interests : a few friends, music
Registration date : 2008-07-16

Back to top Go down

Post by Apollo Fri Jul 25, 2008 10:32 pm

I know how it is, except my mom is a little more lenient than yours, sometimes. She just has her moods where she gets touchy and starts with the whole empty nest syndrome.

My dad feels like he always has to be right, and is very very smart, so he usually is. The difference is, that my dad will accept it when he's wrong about something but he will act very pissy the rest of the day.

Also, oldest, held responsible, etc.
Apollo
Apollo

Male
Interests : Raep.
Registration date : 2008-06-25

Back to top Go down

Post by Cjanz Sat Jul 26, 2008 11:57 am

I don't really have any issues with my 'rents. We have our differences, and of course there are things that I choose to keep to myself.

I've learned to keep quiet about certain things, because if I complain, it's not going to make it any better for me. I think that's what keeps the peace.

Only child, responsible for everything no matter what.
Cjanz
Cjanz
Admin
Admin

Male
Interests : New music, philosophy, technology in general, culture, language, religion, and debate
Registration date : 2008-06-19

http://www.the-gathering.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by JakeTheSnake Sat Jul 26, 2008 5:44 pm

I have no problem at all, my parents are really laid back about most things.
JakeTheSnake
JakeTheSnake

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Spishnittlestick Sun Jul 27, 2008 5:47 am

Taylawr wrote:omg do you live at my house?

My mother nags so much that I can actually put myself into a temporary mesmeric state, and then she yells at me for not listening.

Oh, and exactly, my dad is always right. His favorite phrases are, "Hurry up!" -- for instance, ironically, when we are late for church. HURRY UP.

I'm also the oldest. So I'm responsible for e-e-e-e-e-everything my little brother does. I get to watch him all the time. doesn't feel like there's anything I can do about it but rebel, but I'm lazy so I've just sunk to languidly wandering around, though from my livid expression you must know I haven't completely succumbed.

Haha, well, I feel your pain Razz

A lot of the activities I do are right-brained. Since anything right-brained has nothing to do with language, most of the time I don't hear or understand my parents, which they become quite annoyed at.

My little sister is 13, so I don't need to constantly watch her, but she's seemingly favored (Whenever I do something to her it's terrorizing, whenever she does something to me it "must have been provoked".

So yeah, most of the time I'm completely alone and in front of the computer or something so I don't need to deal with them.
Spishnittlestick
Spishnittlestick
Top Poster
Top Poster

Male
Interests : Art, Music, Technology, Veganism, Straight Edge

http://www.myspace.com/spishnittlestick

Back to top Go down

Post by VioletVenom Sun Jul 27, 2008 7:25 pm

Well my father is one to think he is right most of the time but we can have a good debate. My mother is a lot easier to discuss with but tends to lean on making broad generalizations without really meaning it though. But overall I am good with both. I'm just happy my neighbor is not my mother, she made the broad generalization all gay men were paedophiles.
VioletVenom
VioletVenom
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Female
Location : Buried in the thick fog of Oregon's beautiful forests
Registration date : 2008-06-23

Back to top Go down

Post by Oliviar Sun Jul 27, 2008 10:09 pm

My parents are ok to deal with. I can talk with my mom sometimes, but she hates the people I hang out with, (ironically enough, these were the people she hung out with when she was my age). She thinks they're flaky and not good enough for me. She wants me to become this role model child like how her older sister was and how all of her sibling's children have turned out. Good, smart children, who attend church regularly, and obey their parents like the word of god.

My mom is lovable, (in fact, several people have come up to me and stated my mother is cute. I think it's the voice), but she's kind of stuck in 1950's values.
Oliviar
Oliviar

Female
Interests : Musical, nerdy things.
Registration date : 2008-06-25

Back to top Go down

Post by little.miss.sunny Wed Aug 05, 2009 12:59 pm

in reply to spishnittlestick's first comment:

dude. i would suggest marijuana to them.
little.miss.sunny
little.miss.sunny

Female
Interests : ^^^ Music, Movies, The Sims 3
Registration date : 2008-07-23

Back to top Go down

Post by VioletVenom Wed Aug 05, 2009 2:15 pm

Haha I find my dad easier to talk with. Don't talk to my mom as much anymore.
VioletVenom
VioletVenom
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Cjanz Fri Aug 07, 2009 11:21 pm

There's usually one parent who's always easier to talk to. In balance, most should have their strong points in discussion making either one fit for specific insight. Unfortunately, not many parents have that balance.
Cjanz
Cjanz
Admin
Admin

Male
Interests : New music, philosophy, technology in general, culture, language, religion, and debate
Registration date : 2008-06-19

http://www.the-gathering.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Silent_Brad Fri Aug 07, 2009 11:32 pm

Completely right. I always think it's easier to talk to my dad than my mom about things.
Silent_Brad
Silent_Brad
GFX Designer
GFX Designer

Male
Interests : you

https://www.facebook.com/silentbrad

Back to top Go down

Post by VioletVenom Wed Aug 19, 2009 4:24 am

Even though it isn't easy for me to talk to my mom about things I find it simpler to talk to my dad's girlfriend about such - so it's all good for me.
VioletVenom
VioletVenom
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down