The Gathering
[table width=350 style="background:white;border:silver 1px solid; padding:3px;margin-left:5px"][tr][td]Loneliness Admini10[/td]
[td]

Welcome to the anything and everything forum, The Gathering.[/td][/tr]

[tr][td colspan="2"]You may either choose to log-in, or register if you have not yet joined! TG contains a plethora of organic content that is sure to spark your interests.

We hope you enjoy your visit.

Sincerely, Cjanz, Donald Williams, JaketheSnake, MasonK565 and Silent_Brad
Forum Staff
[/td][/tr][/table]

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Gathering
[table width=350 style="background:white;border:silver 1px solid; padding:3px;margin-left:5px"][tr][td]Loneliness Admini10[/td]
[td]

Welcome to the anything and everything forum, The Gathering.[/td][/tr]

[tr][td colspan="2"]You may either choose to log-in, or register if you have not yet joined! TG contains a plethora of organic content that is sure to spark your interests.

We hope you enjoy your visit.

Sincerely, Cjanz, Donald Williams, JaketheSnake, MasonK565 and Silent_Brad
Forum Staff
[/td][/tr][/table]
The Gathering
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Extras

Gallery

Loneliness Empty
Poll

Which 3 (Or less) in 1997?

Loneliness I_vote1010%Loneliness I_vote11 10% [ 1 ]
Loneliness I_vote1040%Loneliness I_vote11 40% [ 4 ]
Loneliness I_vote100%Loneliness I_vote11 0% [ 0 ]
Loneliness I_vote1020%Loneliness I_vote11 20% [ 2 ]

Total Votes : 10

Latest topics
» Tim's Movie Review of the Day: 'The Hangover Part II' (2011)
Loneliness EmptyMon May 30, 2011 8:52 pm by Timma1986

» Tim's Movie Review of the Day: 'Apocalypse Now' (1979)
Loneliness EmptyMon May 23, 2011 9:07 pm by Timma1986

» Tim's Movie Review of the Day: 'Almost Famous' (2000)
Loneliness EmptyTue May 17, 2011 6:54 pm by Timma1986

» AGGRON!
Loneliness EmptySun May 15, 2011 8:25 pm by ZIMMER1994

» Anybody Collect Anything?
Loneliness EmptyThu May 05, 2011 11:04 pm by lakeg

» Tim's Movie Review of the Day: 'Shaun of the Dead' (2004)
Loneliness EmptyThu May 05, 2011 9:40 pm by Timma1986

» Original Riffs
Loneliness EmptyTue May 03, 2011 1:43 am by Cjanz

» Which 2011 sequel are you most excited for?
Loneliness EmptyMon May 02, 2011 9:26 pm by MasonK565

» RELEASE!
Loneliness EmptyMon May 02, 2011 9:24 pm by MasonK565

Affiliates

Loneliness IVIBanner4Kopie

Loneliness Get-attachment-1_reasonably_small

The Open World Project is trying to raise money so that a school in Nepal can get at least two laptops with internet access. This could change the world for a generation of children.

Support Us!

Follow TG!

Loneliness

5 posters

Go down

Loneliness Empty Loneliness

Post by Cjanz Mon Jun 29, 2009 6:11 pm

For the past 10 hours I've been constantly recounting a dream I had. This dream was a look into my mind's desires, or more so an example of what my mind seems to be searching for. The example took the form of a girl of about the same age as me, who I fell in love with upon eye contact. Now, I don't really believe in love in at first sight, but the way we connected was something I have never even felt before in reality. I'll argue for days on end with you if you think that you don't feel anything during dreams, because this is just one of many emotion filled dreams for me. The time I spent with this girl in the dream only made me desire the perfect partner (if you will) even more in real life, and ultimately has resulted in me feeling very lonely this entire day.

Does anyone else ever experience this? Your most daunting desires presented in a dream, and yet so far out of reach when you wake up. Personally, I've never felt more lonely because of a dream and if any of you have ever gone through this, how do you find it in yourself to get over the loneliness?

Ironically, I have never felt lonely before in my life, ever. This is the first time that I've ever felt so down on myself, just because of a dream...Funnily enough the girl was someone my mind conjured up of its own accord, I have never seen her before, but I wish I would dream about her again...
Cjanz
Cjanz
Admin
Admin

Male
Interests : New music, philosophy, technology in general, culture, language, religion, and debate
Registration date : 2008-06-19

http://www.the-gathering.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Loneliness Empty Re: Loneliness

Post by Spishnittlestick Mon Jun 29, 2009 6:19 pm

lol, I understand.

Here's something interesting.

Go back about two years.

A girl named Breana had dreams of me. We had gone to school together for what seems like forever, but we never spoke, not ever. Within a week or two, she was staying with one of my close friends, and they pranked me over AIM. From that experience, I started talking to her more. A month later, we spent the better part of a weekend together on a band trip. A month after that, we started dating. Two years later, and here I am sitting here typing this post, still dating her. She had three dreams of me, all of which happened within a week or so.

She didn't tell me until months afterward, but I thought it was just the weirdest thing. Clairvoyance in a watered-down form? haha.
Spishnittlestick
Spishnittlestick
Top Poster
Top Poster

Male
Interests : Art, Music, Technology, Veganism, Straight Edge
Registration date : 2008-06-26

http://www.myspace.com/spishnittlestick

Back to top Go down

Post by Taylawr Mon Jun 29, 2009 11:45 pm

I feel many things in dreams. I sometimes wake up crying out of a sadness my mind has conjured, or start awake in the middle of the night, my mouth dry, on the verge of a scream. Sometimes I have dreams that something will happen, and a week later it will. Sometimes my dreams are more inspiring to me than reality.

I often have trouble deciphering whether something I learned or came to know was in a dream, or if it actually happened. I have to be careful about who I talk to about what, because it might not have really occurred outside the confines of those strange few inches I have behind my eyes.

Sometimes, like you say, there is a sort of residual emotion left in my mind after a dream, draining my life with its draw. I have no way of alleviating this feeling. I write about it once in a while. But the times when I am not asleep, I am usually in some sort of trance. From dream to daydream, and back again.
Taylawr
Taylawr

Female
Interests : a few friends, music
Registration date : 2008-07-16

Back to top Go down

Post by Spishnittlestick Tue Jun 30, 2009 5:33 am

Don't you hate it when you sense you're falling and then you wake up, startled?

That happened to a few people in my Chemistry class last year. It was actually hilarious.

My dreams never make sense, and therefore, I kind of reject them. I hate dreams, really. I prefer the solid blackness and instantaneous awakening.

I'm boring, sure.

Soulless, maybe.

But I don't like the lack of control I have with dreams. That, and I'm not familiar in cognitive neuroscience (or whatever major is most closely linked) enough to study what any of them mean. It's not like I want to talk to anyone about them, either xD
Spishnittlestick
Spishnittlestick
Top Poster
Top Poster

Male
Interests : Art, Music, Technology, Veganism, Straight Edge
Registration date : 2008-06-26

http://www.myspace.com/spishnittlestick

Back to top Go down

Post by DilliDali Tue Jun 30, 2009 2:33 pm

Dreams can have mixed meaning. Most of my dreams, (and I'd like to believe most others), come in abstract form. I usually don't have dreams but the majority of the time, I wake up with a horrible sense of dread, although they may have not been nightmares. Recently I had a dream which left me feeling empty, for lack of a better word. Interpreting this dream would be practically impossible, though, because I bet I could rationally explain such a dream.
1. I have been incredibly depressed for the past month, not to mention lonely, because no one wants to hang out with a depressed person.
2. A few of the elements in the dream I think i had discussed earlier the day previous.

Typically, if I think about it hard enough, there are reasons and causes for the majority of my dreams, even if they are weird.

DilliDali

Female
Interests : Interesting things
Registration date : 2009-06-26

Back to top Go down

Post by Donald Williams Tue Jun 30, 2009 3:12 pm

Loneliness is consuming, I went through a time where the only friends I had were online friends from 5th-6th grade. I would constantly have dreams like yours cjanz. Sometimes the faceless girl would get shot and she would die in my arms. I would often awake encompassed in sadness. Sadness often seemed to cloud over me during those times. Like a haze over my soul. Even happiness seemed to be stifled from the constant cloud of sorrow above me. I began to doubt myself, I started believing everything the "bullies" said about me. I gained weight, because I tried to eat away my sadness.
I revived before 7th grade, I gained my first close friend in two years and lost 16 pounds in football. Ever since then I've looked at life with happiness and I've found ways to purge the sadness within me.
Anyways, is this loneliness a reoccurring feeling since the dream?
Donald Williams
Donald Williams
Admin
Admin

Male
Interests : Life, Writing, Women ;), History, Debate.

https://the-gathering.forumotion.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Cjanz Tue Jun 30, 2009 7:18 pm

The girl was not faceless at all. Her face was vivid, and perfect in every way (for my tastes). I'm not sad, I'm lonely. I feel like I can't connect at all with girls, and all I want to do is feel that touch again. That touch could never be emulated by something in a fling or a one night stand. It was something that I will never forget, even though I never truly did it. Forgive me if this makes people uncomfortable, but the feel of her waist in my hands was so real, and so special. As I said before, it wasn't a lustful touch, it was one of sheer love and compassion. It created a connection.

All the dream did was make me yearn for this. I'm not lonely for a girlfriend. I'm lonely for the one who is perfect in my eyes. The one who I can spend the rest of my life with. Today I still felt these feelings and until the effect of my dream subsides, or this person comes along, I will continue to feel this.
Cjanz
Cjanz
Admin
Admin

Male
Interests : New music, philosophy, technology in general, culture, language, religion, and debate

Back to top Go down

Post by Donald Williams Tue Jun 30, 2009 9:51 pm

Cjanz wrote:The girl was not faceless at all. Her face was vivid, and perfect in every way (for my tastes). I'm not sad, I'm lonely. I feel like I can't connect at all with girls, and all I want to do is feel that touch again. That touch could never be emulated by something in a fling or a one night stand. It was something that I will never forget, even though I never truly did it. Forgive me if this makes people uncomfortable, but the feel of her waist in my hands was so real, and so special. As I said before, it wasn't a lustful touch, it was one of sheer love and compassion. It created a connection.

All the dream did was make me yearn for this. I'm not lonely for a girlfriend. I'm lonely for the one who is perfect in my eyes. The one who I can spend the rest of my life with. Today I still felt these feelings and until the effect of my dream subsides, or this person comes along, I will continue to feel this.

Sorry, saying faceless was misleading, yes the girls in my dreams would have very beautiful faces, but they were no one I could recognize. In sixth grade I felt almost the same way, I just wanted to know a girl at times. I know I was much younger but i couldn't even talk to girls, I could barely even talk to people. I know that I am not an expert to the feelings you possess now, but I know you will find the person who is perfect in your eyes. Right now your stuck in one of the worst places for you to find the girl of your dreams. The future is coming though, and coming fast. You just have to keep hoping, and really never forget the person who you are in the process. (As corny as that sounds)
Donald Williams
Donald Williams
Admin
Admin

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Cjanz Wed Jul 01, 2009 8:20 am

Donald Williams wrote:
Cjanz wrote:The girl was not faceless at all. Her face was vivid, and perfect in every way (for my tastes). I'm not sad, I'm lonely. I feel like I can't connect at all with girls, and all I want to do is feel that touch again. That touch could never be emulated by something in a fling or a one night stand. It was something that I will never forget, even though I never truly did it. Forgive me if this makes people uncomfortable, but the feel of her waist in my hands was so real, and so special. As I said before, it wasn't a lustful touch, it was one of sheer love and compassion. It created a connection.

Sorry, saying faceless was misleading, yes the girls in my dreams would have very beautiful faces, but they were no one I could recognize. In sixth grade I felt almost the same way, I just wanted to know a girl at times. I know I was much younger but i couldn't even talk to girls, I could barely even talk to people. I know that I am not an expert to the feelings you possess now, but I know you will find the person who is perfect in your eyes. Right now your stuck in one of the worst places for you to find the girl of your dreams. The future is coming though, and coming fast. You just have to keep hoping, and really never forget the person who you are in the process. (As corny as that sounds)

I understand your direction and thank you for the advice. Unfortunately, I'm not describing the dream in full detail, and I cannot express my true feelings through words. The range of replies haven't really pertained at all to what I'm feeling. I guess this is new for me, and everyone else.
Cjanz
Cjanz
Admin
Admin

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Donald Williams Wed Jul 01, 2009 3:08 pm

Feeling something that strong from a dream is extremely unique. I would like to compare a dream I had four years ago with the one you had a few days ago. It wasn't quite as strong, but I'll message you.
Donald Williams
Donald Williams
Admin
Admin

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum