The Gathering
[table width=350 style="background:white;border:silver 1px solid; padding:3px;margin-left:5px"][tr][td]NFL Stars who lost it all Admini10[/td]
[td]

Welcome to the anything and everything forum, The Gathering.[/td][/tr]

[tr][td colspan="2"]You may either choose to log-in, or register if you have not yet joined! TG contains a plethora of organic content that is sure to spark your interests.

We hope you enjoy your visit.

Sincerely, Cjanz, Donald Williams, JaketheSnake, MasonK565 and Silent_Brad
Forum Staff
[/td][/tr][/table]

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Gathering
[table width=350 style="background:white;border:silver 1px solid; padding:3px;margin-left:5px"][tr][td]NFL Stars who lost it all Admini10[/td]
[td]

Welcome to the anything and everything forum, The Gathering.[/td][/tr]

[tr][td colspan="2"]You may either choose to log-in, or register if you have not yet joined! TG contains a plethora of organic content that is sure to spark your interests.

We hope you enjoy your visit.

Sincerely, Cjanz, Donald Williams, JaketheSnake, MasonK565 and Silent_Brad
Forum Staff
[/td][/tr][/table]
The Gathering
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Extras

Gallery

NFL Stars who lost it all Empty
Poll

Which 3 (Or less) in 1997?

NFL Stars who lost it all I_vote1010%NFL Stars who lost it all I_vote11 10% [ 1 ]
NFL Stars who lost it all I_vote1040%NFL Stars who lost it all I_vote11 40% [ 4 ]
NFL Stars who lost it all I_vote100%NFL Stars who lost it all I_vote11 0% [ 0 ]
NFL Stars who lost it all I_vote1010%NFL Stars who lost it all I_vote11 10% [ 1 ]
NFL Stars who lost it all I_vote1020%NFL Stars who lost it all I_vote11 20% [ 2 ]

Total Votes : 10

Latest topics
» Tim's Movie Review of the Day: 'The Hangover Part II' (2011)
NFL Stars who lost it all EmptyMon May 30, 2011 8:52 pm by Timma1986

» Tim's Movie Review of the Day: 'Apocalypse Now' (1979)
NFL Stars who lost it all EmptyMon May 23, 2011 9:07 pm by Timma1986

» Tim's Movie Review of the Day: 'Almost Famous' (2000)
NFL Stars who lost it all EmptyTue May 17, 2011 6:54 pm by Timma1986

» AGGRON!
NFL Stars who lost it all EmptySun May 15, 2011 8:25 pm by ZIMMER1994

» Anybody Collect Anything?
NFL Stars who lost it all EmptyThu May 05, 2011 11:04 pm by lakeg

» Tim's Movie Review of the Day: 'Shaun of the Dead' (2004)
NFL Stars who lost it all EmptyThu May 05, 2011 9:40 pm by Timma1986

» Original Riffs
NFL Stars who lost it all EmptyTue May 03, 2011 1:43 am by Cjanz

» Which 2011 sequel are you most excited for?
NFL Stars who lost it all EmptyMon May 02, 2011 9:26 pm by MasonK565

» RELEASE!
NFL Stars who lost it all EmptyMon May 02, 2011 9:24 pm by MasonK565

Affiliates

NFL Stars who lost it all IVIBanner4Kopie

NFL Stars who lost it all Get-attachment-1_reasonably_small

The Open World Project is trying to raise money so that a school in Nepal can get at least two laptops with internet access. This could change the world for a generation of children.

Support Us!

Follow TG!

NFL Stars who lost it all

2 posters

Go down

NFL Stars who lost it all Empty NFL Stars who lost it all

Post by Donald Williams Tue Feb 01, 2011 5:19 pm

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slu...tplayers013111

NFL players gone broke

By Shelly Gigante, Special for CNBC.com
Jan 31, 8:40 pm EST

Steve Young, the NFL needs you back.

Not so much on the Gridiron per se, though your legacy as a quarterback with the San Francisco 49ers will long be revered in the annals of football history, but as the voice of financial reason for dozens of players who can’t seem to manage their millions.

Indeed, Young, who earned his law degree between seasons during the 1990s and now serves as managing partner of a Utah-based venture-capital firm, is a rare example of post-career success.

Despite their median $900,000 annual salaries, a surprising number of NFL players (some estimate up to 80 percent) squander their fortunes in the years immediately following their retirement.

In 2010 alone, former Pittsburgh Steelers lineman Dermontti Dawson joined New York Jets backup QB Mark Brunell(notes), who is still on the field, in bankruptcy court.

But they are hardly alone. The NFL is replete with tales of financial fumbles.

In most cases, the players made bad investment choices, spent frivolously, fell victim to predatory advisors or assigned their less-than-qualified friends or family to handle their affairs.

Some also blame their risk-taking DNA, which is an asset on the field, but a liability when it comes to managing money.

But Susan Bradley, a certified financial planner and founder of the Sudden Money Institute, who works with the NFL to develop life training skills, says it’s a fate that would befall most anyone forced to manage overnight wealth.

“Do they have a problem managing money in their professional career? Sure, you would too,” she says, noting players have a narrow window of opportunity (usually just a few years) to earn enough to last a lifetime.

They also face significant pressure to lead a luxury lifestyle and have virtually no free time to focus on finances with the rigorous demands of professional sports.

Too true. But it’s a challenge most of us would love to tackle.

The following 10 NFL players – who lost it all at one point – unfortunately got sacked.

http://www.cnbc.com/id/41312370?slide=2
Donald Williams
Donald Williams
Admin
Admin

Male
Interests : Life, Writing, Women ;), History, Debate.
Registration date : 2008-06-19

https://the-gathering.forumotion.com/

Back to top Go down

NFL Stars who lost it all Empty Re: NFL Stars who lost it all

Post by MasonK565 Tue Feb 01, 2011 5:37 pm

I could never understand why they would buy such outrageous things that they would most likely never use. But of course I never realized the pressure to live that like.
MasonK565
MasonK565
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Male
Interests : Music, comics, movies
Registration date : 2010-12-09

Back to top Go down