The Gathering
[table width=350 style="background:white;border:silver 1px solid; padding:3px;margin-left:5px"][tr][td]My Childhood Dreams Admini10[/td]
[td]

Welcome to the anything and everything forum, The Gathering.[/td][/tr]

[tr][td colspan="2"]You may either choose to log-in, or register if you have not yet joined! TG contains a plethora of organic content that is sure to spark your interests.

We hope you enjoy your visit.

Sincerely, Cjanz, Donald Williams, JaketheSnake, MasonK565 and Silent_Brad
Forum Staff
[/td][/tr][/table]

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Gathering
[table width=350 style="background:white;border:silver 1px solid; padding:3px;margin-left:5px"][tr][td]My Childhood Dreams Admini10[/td]
[td]

Welcome to the anything and everything forum, The Gathering.[/td][/tr]

[tr][td colspan="2"]You may either choose to log-in, or register if you have not yet joined! TG contains a plethora of organic content that is sure to spark your interests.

We hope you enjoy your visit.

Sincerely, Cjanz, Donald Williams, JaketheSnake, MasonK565 and Silent_Brad
Forum Staff
[/td][/tr][/table]
The Gathering
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Extras

Gallery

My Childhood Dreams Empty
Poll

Which 3 (Or less) in 1997?

My Childhood Dreams I_vote1010%My Childhood Dreams I_vote11 10% [ 1 ]
My Childhood Dreams I_vote1040%My Childhood Dreams I_vote11 40% [ 4 ]
My Childhood Dreams I_vote100%My Childhood Dreams I_vote11 0% [ 0 ]
My Childhood Dreams I_vote1020%My Childhood Dreams I_vote11 20% [ 2 ]

Total Votes : 10

Latest topics
» Tim's Movie Review of the Day: 'The Hangover Part II' (2011)
My Childhood Dreams EmptyMon May 30, 2011 8:52 pm by Timma1986

» Tim's Movie Review of the Day: 'Apocalypse Now' (1979)
My Childhood Dreams EmptyMon May 23, 2011 9:07 pm by Timma1986

» Tim's Movie Review of the Day: 'Almost Famous' (2000)
My Childhood Dreams EmptyTue May 17, 2011 6:54 pm by Timma1986

» AGGRON!
My Childhood Dreams EmptySun May 15, 2011 8:25 pm by ZIMMER1994

» Anybody Collect Anything?
My Childhood Dreams EmptyThu May 05, 2011 11:04 pm by lakeg

» Tim's Movie Review of the Day: 'Shaun of the Dead' (2004)
My Childhood Dreams EmptyThu May 05, 2011 9:40 pm by Timma1986

» Original Riffs
My Childhood Dreams EmptyTue May 03, 2011 1:43 am by Cjanz

» Which 2011 sequel are you most excited for?
My Childhood Dreams EmptyMon May 02, 2011 9:26 pm by MasonK565

» RELEASE!
My Childhood Dreams EmptyMon May 02, 2011 9:24 pm by MasonK565

Affiliates

My Childhood Dreams IVIBanner4Kopie

My Childhood Dreams Get-attachment-1_reasonably_small

The Open World Project is trying to raise money so that a school in Nepal can get at least two laptops with internet access. This could change the world for a generation of children.

Support Us!

Follow TG!

My Childhood Dreams

Go down

My Childhood Dreams Empty My Childhood Dreams

My name is Ben Allen Honeycutt,

When I reminisce about the lost years of my childhood, two passions still flourish within my memory, these are my dreams to become a writer, and my dreams to become a volcanologist.

I often find myself thinking of my childhood experiences when I examine the roots of who I am today. I possessed an incredibly lush imagination as a child, this claim is underlined by the fact that I often spent my recesses creating adventures within another world. I was blessed to have parents who never attempted to tame my wild imagination, instead, they allowed me to create an abundance of quests and even listened to me when I summarized the great perils I had overcome. While these stories may be perceived as rudimentary. These tales provide the foundation for the person I am striving to become.

It has long been a dream of mine to become a writer, however, it was not until high school that I finally began to pursue my deepest passion. I have completed one novel, and attempt to write as often as I possibly can. I intend to pursue this dream by taking courses in college which could further enrich my writing abilities. I personally have come to love the freedom of writing, because, the work is something that is truly connected to who I am, rather than something I was forced to do to earn a letter on a slip of paper. This work is the blossom from of my creativity, and I believe I shall forever feel a passion for the activity of writing. I have also been enlightened by the amount of enjoyment I derive from the journey of writing itself, rather than the end result. Even if I never live to see a day where I become a published author, I firmly believe that I will find satisfaction by the stories that I have created.

I had never become acquainted with the icy chill of fear until I watched a movie known as "Volcano." I was much too young when the terrifying images of this movie reached my eyes, one of which still stands vividly within my memory. In this occurance, a man fell and quickly melted completely within spewing lava. Being six years old at the time, I quickly became worried that lava would spew from the actively furious volcanoes found within the mountain rich region of Kansas.

The fear that I would be engulfed in a stream of lava had such an effect on me that I began to vigorously read everything I could find about Volcanoes. After quickly disposing of the books within the Inman Elementary library, I began to find books in the public library. In the span of a few months, my initial fear of volcanoes flourished into an ambition to become a volcanologist. While I no longer possess this aspiration inside me, I believe that this experience was immeasurably valuable to me. I believe this to be true because of my current beliefs that it is unwise to fear something which is unexplained, and that a person can champion any fear. As a child, I realized that my former fear of Volcanoes was foolish after I became knowledgeable on the risks that they presented.

My childhood passion for both writing and volcanoes provided much of the foundation for who I truly am today. My aspirations to become a volcanologist helped me examine the depths of the chill of fear, while my passion to become an author made me realize the true happiness that can be found within a dream. Together, these passions helped me realize in my time upon this planet, I never want to waste a moment wallowing in fear, and that I want to put each day towards making a difference upon this earth.

My name is Ben Allen Honeycutt, and I hope to one day change the world.
Donald Williams
Donald Williams
Admin
Admin

Male
Interests : Life, Writing, Women ;), History, Debate.
Registration date : 2008-06-19

https://the-gathering.forumotion.com/

Back to top Go down

Share this post on: reddit

My Childhood Dreams :: Comments

superkameguru

Post Tue Feb 01, 2011 10:16 pm by superkameguru

this was extremely inspiring ben thanks it actually helped a great amount with a dilemma i have been having

Back to top Go down

MasonK565

Post Tue Feb 01, 2011 10:58 pm by MasonK565

Very, very inspiring story Ben. My childhood dreams consisted of movies, wrestling, and writing either stories or comics.

Back to top Go down

Post  by Sponsored content

Back to top Go down