The Gathering
[table width=350 style="background:white;border:silver 1px solid; padding:3px;margin-left:5px"][tr][td]TG Article 2: Comic Review (B&R) Admini10[/td]
[td]

Welcome to the anything and everything forum, The Gathering.[/td][/tr]

[tr][td colspan="2"]You may either choose to log-in, or register if you have not yet joined! TG contains a plethora of organic content that is sure to spark your interests.

We hope you enjoy your visit.

Sincerely, Cjanz, Donald Williams, JaketheSnake, MasonK565 and Silent_Brad
Forum Staff
[/td][/tr][/table]

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Gathering
[table width=350 style="background:white;border:silver 1px solid; padding:3px;margin-left:5px"][tr][td]TG Article 2: Comic Review (B&R) Admini10[/td]
[td]

Welcome to the anything and everything forum, The Gathering.[/td][/tr]

[tr][td colspan="2"]You may either choose to log-in, or register if you have not yet joined! TG contains a plethora of organic content that is sure to spark your interests.

We hope you enjoy your visit.

Sincerely, Cjanz, Donald Williams, JaketheSnake, MasonK565 and Silent_Brad
Forum Staff
[/td][/tr][/table]
The Gathering
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Extras

Gallery

TG Article 2: Comic Review (B&R) Empty
Poll

Which 3 (Or less) in 1997?

TG Article 2: Comic Review (B&R) I_vote1010%TG Article 2: Comic Review (B&R) I_vote11 10% [ 1 ]
TG Article 2: Comic Review (B&R) I_vote1040%TG Article 2: Comic Review (B&R) I_vote11 40% [ 4 ]
TG Article 2: Comic Review (B&R) I_vote100%TG Article 2: Comic Review (B&R) I_vote11 0% [ 0 ]
TG Article 2: Comic Review (B&R) I_vote1010%TG Article 2: Comic Review (B&R) I_vote11 10% [ 1 ]
TG Article 2: Comic Review (B&R) I_vote1020%TG Article 2: Comic Review (B&R) I_vote11 20% [ 2 ]
TG Article 2: Comic Review (B&R) I_vote100%TG Article 2: Comic Review (B&R) I_vote11 0% [ 0 ]

Total Votes : 10

Latest topics
» Tim's Movie Review of the Day: 'The Hangover Part II' (2011)
TG Article 2: Comic Review (B&R) EmptyMon May 30, 2011 8:52 pm by Timma1986

» Tim's Movie Review of the Day: 'Apocalypse Now' (1979)
TG Article 2: Comic Review (B&R) EmptyMon May 23, 2011 9:07 pm by Timma1986

» Tim's Movie Review of the Day: 'Almost Famous' (2000)
TG Article 2: Comic Review (B&R) EmptyTue May 17, 2011 6:54 pm by Timma1986

» AGGRON!
TG Article 2: Comic Review (B&R) EmptySun May 15, 2011 8:25 pm by ZIMMER1994

» Anybody Collect Anything?
TG Article 2: Comic Review (B&R) EmptyThu May 05, 2011 11:04 pm by lakeg

» Tim's Movie Review of the Day: 'Shaun of the Dead' (2004)
TG Article 2: Comic Review (B&R) EmptyThu May 05, 2011 9:40 pm by Timma1986

» Original Riffs
TG Article 2: Comic Review (B&R) EmptyTue May 03, 2011 1:43 am by Cjanz

» Which 2011 sequel are you most excited for?
TG Article 2: Comic Review (B&R) EmptyMon May 02, 2011 9:26 pm by MasonK565

» RELEASE!
TG Article 2: Comic Review (B&R) EmptyMon May 02, 2011 9:24 pm by MasonK565

Affiliates

TG Article 2: Comic Review (B&R) IVIBanner4Kopie

TG Article 2: Comic Review (B&R) Get-attachment-1_reasonably_small

The Open World Project is trying to raise money so that a school in Nepal can get at least two laptops with internet access. This could change the world for a generation of children.

Support Us!

Follow TG!

TG Article 2: Comic Review (B&R)

3 posters

Go down

TG Article 2: Comic Review (B&R) Empty TG Article 2: Comic Review (B&R)

Post by Cjanz Sat Feb 12, 2011 11:56 am

MasonK565 wrote:Please feel free to edit as there will most likely be numerous errors. This a article being sent for the "TG Articles."Hello fellow members of TG! I am MasonK565 and I am a huge fan of comic books. I present you all to my very first comic book review....EVER. Now I could have gone and made it on some other comic book related website if I wanted to, or just make one for myself. But I decided to share this with you, The Gathering. Why? Because I find a sense of loyalty to the forum, and I hope to attract the world comic books to the users here of TG, since I know only a few that do read comic books, along with attracting others to join TG. This review is just a test to see my skills as a comic book reviewer, and to see if people would be interested in reading reviews and discuss comic books in a possible comic book thread.But here we go, review number one:Batman and Robin #20Enlarge this imageReduce this image Click to see fullsizeTG Article 2: Comic Review (B&R) Batman_Dick_Grayson_and_Robin_Damian_Wayne-3This is the very first issue from the new creative team behind the Batman and Robin series. Peter Tomasi takes the wheel as the writer, with Patrick Gleason doing the art. Both of these guys did a marvelous job on this issue. I am beginning to like Gleason as an artist, as I have never read an issue involving art by him. But I find it very suitable with Batman and Robin, and I hope he stays with the series longer than just three issues. Tomasi does a very good job opening the issue, with a nice little reunion of the Wayne family. We get to see three pages of interaction between Alfred and the Robins. Ex- Robin Tim Drake is present, as he jokes around with richard Grayson, who is the current Batman in this series and several others. Then we have Damian Wayne, the current Robin listening to his iPod and full of attitude as many ten year old's are. They are seen making snacks and move into the family room, where they are going to watch a movie. Then enters Bruce Wayne, who is along to watch "The Mark of Zorro." He makes a few comments on the impact of the film in his life, along with a nice few comments from his son Damian.Now we move onto Batman and Robin finishing up their night against crime. They join Alfred in the limo so that richard can change into more appropriate clothes for the new production of "Dahs Rheingold" which is sponsored by a foundation connected to the long gone Martha Wayne. richard goes onto the red carpet, and we see a nice cameo appearance of Lucius Fox. We then see what appears to be a "Fallen Angel" in a nasty event of suicide right on the red carpet.The comic flashes to Batman and Robin with Commissioner Gordon observing the body. Damian makes a nice little joke to the comparison of the body to Mr. Potato Head. Gordon doesn't appreciate the sign of immaturity, as he makes it known. They discover that the victim went through the practice of "Se7en" to hide his identity, taking care of his fingerprints and footprints. Batman and Robin disappear the usual way leaving Gordon alone.richard and Damian move the to building where the jumping occurred, looking for clues. Out of nowhere, we get a nice collision with Man-Bat, making claims to, "Save them from the light!" He tackles richard through the air, as they find themselves falling. Man-Bat, who is still acting rather crazy, is bring richard down with him. Robin jumps to follow and is hoping to take out Man-Bat. Another "out of nowhere" appearance occurs with what seems like hundreds of white glowing bats flying through the sky mid-fall of the three characters. They eventually crash into the top of the vehicle. The issue ends with Batman and Robin standing on the now desecrated vehicle surrounded by several dead white bats and a wounded Man-Bat.I am looking forward to the next issue, as there are now several questions that need to be unanswered. Grade: A-90%A very strong first issue from Tomasi and Gleason, as I find the comic to be just as good as the first two volume when Grant Morrision was in charge. Issues 17-20 were slow and lacking something, and I find this issue to have a good mix of suspense, action, full of conversations and interaction amongst characters! Please stay tuned for the next review!

Cjanz
Cjanz
Admin
Admin

Male
Interests : New music, philosophy, technology in general, culture, language, religion, and debate
Registration date : 2008-06-19

http://www.the-gathering.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

TG Article 2: Comic Review (B&R) Empty Re: TG Article 2: Comic Review (B&R)

Post by Cjanz Sat Feb 12, 2011 11:58 am

Sorry, the format kind of screwed up on the content transfer.
Cjanz
Cjanz
Admin
Admin

Male
Interests : New music, philosophy, technology in general, culture, language, religion, and debate
Registration date : 2008-06-19

http://www.the-gathering.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by MasonK565 Sat Feb 12, 2011 1:03 pm

It is okay, I am still glad I could still add something to TG with this. If other users on here like reading this and are interested in comics, I will add more reviews to a Comic Book thread which will be home for reviews, comic release dates, and just general discussions of comic books. I hope you all like the article. It was my first review ever, and it might seem a little rushed as I didn't have enough time on my hands. Enjoy!
MasonK565
MasonK565
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Male
Interests : Music, comics, movies
Registration date : 2010-12-09

Back to top Go down

Post by JakeTheSnake Sat Feb 12, 2011 9:12 pm

Great review Mason! I look forward to reading more from you.
JakeTheSnake
JakeTheSnake

Male
Registration date : 2008-06-26

Back to top Go down

Post by MasonK565 Sun Feb 13, 2011 12:27 am

Why thank you Jake! When I start the thread I have been planning, we can discuss "Going Sane" on it, lol.
MasonK565
MasonK565
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Male
Interests : Music, comics, movies
Registration date : 2010-12-09

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down