The Gathering
[table width=350 style="background:white;border:silver 1px solid; padding:3px;margin-left:5px"][tr][td]Psychic Ablities Admini10[/td]
[td]

Welcome to the anything and everything forum, The Gathering.[/td][/tr]

[tr][td colspan="2"]You may either choose to log-in, or register if you have not yet joined! TG contains a plethora of organic content that is sure to spark your interests.

We hope you enjoy your visit.

Sincerely, Cjanz, Donald Williams, JaketheSnake, MasonK565 and Silent_Brad
Forum Staff
[/td][/tr][/table]

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Gathering
[table width=350 style="background:white;border:silver 1px solid; padding:3px;margin-left:5px"][tr][td]Psychic Ablities Admini10[/td]
[td]

Welcome to the anything and everything forum, The Gathering.[/td][/tr]

[tr][td colspan="2"]You may either choose to log-in, or register if you have not yet joined! TG contains a plethora of organic content that is sure to spark your interests.

We hope you enjoy your visit.

Sincerely, Cjanz, Donald Williams, JaketheSnake, MasonK565 and Silent_Brad
Forum Staff
[/td][/tr][/table]
The Gathering
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Extras

Gallery

Psychic Ablities Empty
Poll

Which 3 (Or less) in 1997?

Psychic Ablities I_vote1010%Psychic Ablities I_vote11 10% [ 1 ]
Psychic Ablities I_vote1040%Psychic Ablities I_vote11 40% [ 4 ]
Psychic Ablities I_vote100%Psychic Ablities I_vote11 0% [ 0 ]
Psychic Ablities I_vote1020%Psychic Ablities I_vote11 20% [ 2 ]

Total Votes : 10

Latest topics
» Tim's Movie Review of the Day: 'The Hangover Part II' (2011)
Psychic Ablities EmptyMon May 30, 2011 8:52 pm by Timma1986

» Tim's Movie Review of the Day: 'Apocalypse Now' (1979)
Psychic Ablities EmptyMon May 23, 2011 9:07 pm by Timma1986

» Tim's Movie Review of the Day: 'Almost Famous' (2000)
Psychic Ablities EmptyTue May 17, 2011 6:54 pm by Timma1986

» AGGRON!
Psychic Ablities EmptySun May 15, 2011 8:25 pm by ZIMMER1994

» Anybody Collect Anything?
Psychic Ablities EmptyThu May 05, 2011 11:04 pm by lakeg

» Tim's Movie Review of the Day: 'Shaun of the Dead' (2004)
Psychic Ablities EmptyThu May 05, 2011 9:40 pm by Timma1986

» Original Riffs
Psychic Ablities EmptyTue May 03, 2011 1:43 am by Cjanz

» Which 2011 sequel are you most excited for?
Psychic Ablities EmptyMon May 02, 2011 9:26 pm by MasonK565

» RELEASE!
Psychic Ablities EmptyMon May 02, 2011 9:24 pm by MasonK565

Affiliates

Psychic Ablities IVIBanner4Kopie

Psychic Ablities Get-attachment-1_reasonably_small

The Open World Project is trying to raise money so that a school in Nepal can get at least two laptops with internet access. This could change the world for a generation of children.

Support Us!

Follow TG!

Psychic Ablities

+2
Spishnittlestick
JakeTheSnake
6 posters

Go down

Psychic Ablities Empty Psychic Ablities

Post by JakeTheSnake Tue Jul 21, 2009 11:16 pm

I'm a skeptic on most things but something is keeping me from compleatly writing this off. I've had some dreams that while not being important have all have ended up being pretty close to how things turned out. Of corse I'm not saying they exist but I would like to open discussion on this.
JakeTheSnake
JakeTheSnake

Male
Registration date : 2008-06-26

Back to top Go down

Psychic Ablities Empty Re: Psychic Ablities

Post by Spishnittlestick Tue Jul 21, 2009 11:21 pm

I don't buy into it.

But when I say "buy," I mean literally, purchase anything relating to psychic abilities. I'm skeptical about much, too, but there is a shred of possibility for this to exist ...
Spishnittlestick
Spishnittlestick
Top Poster
Top Poster

Male
Interests : Art, Music, Technology, Veganism, Straight Edge

http://www.myspace.com/spishnittlestick

Back to top Go down

Post by Cjanz Tue Jul 21, 2009 11:22 pm

I could agree with that, I think that some legitimacy can be found in the nature of psychic abilities. I think they're horribly exaggerated though.
Cjanz
Cjanz
Admin
Admin

Male
Interests : New music, philosophy, technology in general, culture, language, religion, and debate
Registration date : 2008-06-19

http://www.the-gathering.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Paradigm Tue Jul 21, 2009 11:24 pm

I used to think I had psychic abilities when I was younger, probably because I watched too much television. I watched a video on how to bend a spoon with my mind, but I was saddened when I figured out that it wasn't just your mind, its more about focusing everything you got into something (in this case, bending a spoon). Mysticism is more about centering your "chi" into a ball above your head called the "solar plexus", or something like that, to help you focus or something to that nature. Its great for meditating and pumping you up before you try to tackle something you're having trouble with.

I actually tried bending that spoon with and without the meditation process. I actually bent it two more times with meditation more than I did the first time without mediation. However, I blame that on the kinetic energy from bending the spoon as I bent it.

Do I think there's a such thing as psychic abilities? No, but I would like to.
Paradigm
Paradigm
Top Poster
Top Poster

Male
Interests : Computers, Video Games, Philosophy
Registration date : 2009-07-17

Back to top Go down

Post by Spishnittlestick Tue Jul 21, 2009 11:27 pm

Paradigm wrote:I used to think I had psychic abilities when I was younger, probably because I watched too much television. I watched a video on how to bend a spoon with my mind, but I was saddened when I figured out that it wasn't just your mind, its more about focusing everything you got into something (in this case, bending a spoon). Mysticism is more about centering your "chi" into a ball above your head called the "solar plexus", or something like that, to help you focus or something to that nature. Its great for meditating and pumping you up before you try to tackle something you're having trouble with.

I actually tried bending that spoon with and without the meditation process. I actually bent it two more times with meditation more than I did the first time without mediation. However, I blame that on the kinetic energy from bending the spoon as I bent it.

Do I think there's a such thing as psychic abilities? No, but I would like to.

I lmao'd.

And things have happened that make me unable to say "psychic abilities do not exist."

Most psychics are surely fakes, though.
Spishnittlestick
Spishnittlestick
Top Poster
Top Poster

Male
Interests : Art, Music, Technology, Veganism, Straight Edge

http://www.myspace.com/spishnittlestick

Back to top Go down

Post by Paradigm Tue Jul 21, 2009 11:30 pm

Now that I watching it again, I'm lawling hardcore.

EDIT: Gotta give it to that guy though, he's trying hard.
Paradigm
Paradigm
Top Poster
Top Poster

Male
Interests : Computers, Video Games, Philosophy
Registration date : 2009-07-17

Back to top Go down

Post by Cjanz Tue Jul 21, 2009 11:45 pm

I laughed really hard. Really hard.
Cjanz
Cjanz
Admin
Admin

Male
Interests : New music, philosophy, technology in general, culture, language, religion, and debate
Registration date : 2008-06-19

http://www.the-gathering.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by VioletVenom Wed Jul 22, 2009 3:28 am

I think it is possible for people to manipulate unseen energy that we exert with everything. I think it is possible some people are more empathetic than others and can sense emotions and certain thoughts from another person no matter how well shrouded they are.

Like myself, for example. The first girl I fell for - just by paying attention to her body, being next to her, smelling her and seeing her, hearing her and just sensing her - I was able to tell her about the things that have happened to her. Not specific experiences but I could tell she had been raped as a child and had experienced a lot of death in her life. She never once spoke about it to me. I later found out in a private blog she posted about 8 months after I started to have feelings for her all the intimate details. I had asked her best friend right when I started to sense all these horrible things if my hunches were correct. She said no, but after the girl I liked posted the blog I knew her friend said no to protect her secrets.

I might have brought it up to a few of you before. I think we have a different sort of alias in all of us - that clairvoyant side. But as we interact with others and get caught up in the material world it goes undefined in a way. Through paying attention to ones' own self, nature, the organic energy, (observing nature and observing people from a distance), increases these capabilities.

I don't believe in magick, I don't believe in wizardry. But you can't deny that we are all ENERGY and everything in the world is energy in one form or another. Some of which affects us consciously and some of which affects us subliminally.
VioletVenom
VioletVenom
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Female
Location : Buried in the thick fog of Oregon's beautiful forests
Registration date : 2008-06-23

Back to top Go down

Post by somedeadidiot Wed Jul 22, 2009 4:08 am

I'm sticking with the whole "Levels of Consciousness" idea... We just have to find the energy inside us and use it that way. I also believe that at birth, we decide in some level of consciousness what our mind's power is and that decision somehow affects our personality.

As Violet said, some of the more empathetic people out there may be able to sense other's emotions and feelings. Assuming similar is correct for other types of people, one could state that some of the more brute/physical people out there can move things with their mind.

I'm starting to see this as some sort of RPG... We only have so much energy and we can only spend it once... Do we spend it all on one thing, or do we spread it out?

This topic interests me greatly... I'd keep rambling on, but I doubt any of you want to read my insanity for three hours.
somedeadidiot
somedeadidiot
Star Member
Star Member

Male
Location : The Milky Way Galaxy, Take a Left, and walk 3 miles.
Interests : Music. Music. Music.
Registration date : 2008-07-16

http://www.you.justgotowned.com

Back to top Go down

Post by JakeTheSnake Wed Jul 22, 2009 11:24 am

Their's no doubt in my mind that all television psychics are frauds who just use cold reading and play on the emotions of others but I think what Melody is talking about is more to what these ablities really are. And I think their's something about dreams that makes us more able to experience some of these things because it's when the unconcious mind is awake and it sometimes is powerful enough to see certain uneventful skips into the future (nothing like prediciting 9/11 happened or anything that major). But that's just my theory.
JakeTheSnake
JakeTheSnake

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by VioletVenom Thu Jul 23, 2009 2:03 am

people like nostradamus are a fraud. He did lots of drugs and was extremely vague in his prophecies.

Yet people buy into his bullocks.

Same with psychics in psychic shops. If they really were psychic they'd be winning the lottery.
VioletVenom
VioletVenom
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Female
Location : Buried in the thick fog of Oregon's beautiful forests
Registration date : 2008-06-23

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down