The Gathering
[table width=350 style="background:white;border:silver 1px solid; padding:3px;margin-left:5px"][tr][td]Right Wing Shock Jocks polluting the ignorant mind! Admini10[/td]
[td]

Welcome to the anything and everything forum, The Gathering.[/td][/tr]

[tr][td colspan="2"]You may either choose to log-in, or register if you have not yet joined! TG contains a plethora of organic content that is sure to spark your interests.

We hope you enjoy your visit.

Sincerely, Cjanz, Donald Williams, JaketheSnake, MasonK565 and Silent_Brad
Forum Staff
[/td][/tr][/table]

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Gathering
[table width=350 style="background:white;border:silver 1px solid; padding:3px;margin-left:5px"][tr][td]Right Wing Shock Jocks polluting the ignorant mind! Admini10[/td]
[td]

Welcome to the anything and everything forum, The Gathering.[/td][/tr]

[tr][td colspan="2"]You may either choose to log-in, or register if you have not yet joined! TG contains a plethora of organic content that is sure to spark your interests.

We hope you enjoy your visit.

Sincerely, Cjanz, Donald Williams, JaketheSnake, MasonK565 and Silent_Brad
Forum Staff
[/td][/tr][/table]
The Gathering
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Extras

Gallery

Right Wing Shock Jocks polluting the ignorant mind! Empty
Poll

Which 3 (Or less) in 1997?

Right Wing Shock Jocks polluting the ignorant mind! I_vote1010%Right Wing Shock Jocks polluting the ignorant mind! I_vote11 10% [ 1 ]
Right Wing Shock Jocks polluting the ignorant mind! I_vote1040%Right Wing Shock Jocks polluting the ignorant mind! I_vote11 40% [ 4 ]
Right Wing Shock Jocks polluting the ignorant mind! I_vote100%Right Wing Shock Jocks polluting the ignorant mind! I_vote11 0% [ 0 ]
Right Wing Shock Jocks polluting the ignorant mind! I_vote1010%Right Wing Shock Jocks polluting the ignorant mind! I_vote11 10% [ 1 ]
Right Wing Shock Jocks polluting the ignorant mind! I_vote1020%Right Wing Shock Jocks polluting the ignorant mind! I_vote11 20% [ 2 ]
Right Wing Shock Jocks polluting the ignorant mind! I_vote100%Right Wing Shock Jocks polluting the ignorant mind! I_vote11 0% [ 0 ]

Total Votes : 10

Latest topics
» Tim's Movie Review of the Day: 'The Hangover Part II' (2011)
Right Wing Shock Jocks polluting the ignorant mind! EmptyMon May 30, 2011 8:52 pm by Timma1986

» Tim's Movie Review of the Day: 'Apocalypse Now' (1979)
Right Wing Shock Jocks polluting the ignorant mind! EmptyMon May 23, 2011 9:07 pm by Timma1986

» Tim's Movie Review of the Day: 'Almost Famous' (2000)
Right Wing Shock Jocks polluting the ignorant mind! EmptyTue May 17, 2011 6:54 pm by Timma1986

» AGGRON!
Right Wing Shock Jocks polluting the ignorant mind! EmptySun May 15, 2011 8:25 pm by ZIMMER1994

» Anybody Collect Anything?
Right Wing Shock Jocks polluting the ignorant mind! EmptyThu May 05, 2011 11:04 pm by lakeg

» Tim's Movie Review of the Day: 'Shaun of the Dead' (2004)
Right Wing Shock Jocks polluting the ignorant mind! EmptyThu May 05, 2011 9:40 pm by Timma1986

» Original Riffs
Right Wing Shock Jocks polluting the ignorant mind! EmptyTue May 03, 2011 1:43 am by Cjanz

» Which 2011 sequel are you most excited for?
Right Wing Shock Jocks polluting the ignorant mind! EmptyMon May 02, 2011 9:26 pm by MasonK565

» RELEASE!
Right Wing Shock Jocks polluting the ignorant mind! EmptyMon May 02, 2011 9:24 pm by MasonK565

Affiliates

Right Wing Shock Jocks polluting the ignorant mind! IVIBanner4Kopie

Right Wing Shock Jocks polluting the ignorant mind! Get-attachment-1_reasonably_small

The Open World Project is trying to raise money so that a school in Nepal can get at least two laptops with internet access. This could change the world for a generation of children.

Support Us!

Follow TG!

Right Wing Shock Jocks polluting the ignorant mind!

+3
Donald Williams
Katelin
psychoslayer_510
7 posters

Go down

Right Wing Shock Jocks polluting the ignorant mind! Empty Right Wing Shock Jocks polluting the ignorant mind!

Post by psychoslayer_510 Fri Jul 24, 2009 10:39 pm

I despise every single one of these close-minded, narrow, pretentious and brain-washing conservitives spreading their disgusting rhetoric in the ears of millions of Americans. Bill O'Reilly, Michael Savage and Sean Hannity being of my least favorites. I'm not saying this as a liberal extremist, I don't label myself as either. Their non-stop broadcasting of the "evils" of a liberal america make me sick. they'd just as soon shoot a liberal as have a civil conversation to discuss ideas and differing opinions.
psychoslayer_510
psychoslayer_510

Male
Interests : Religion, Anarchy, weightlifting, social sciences, human philosophy, metal, physics
Registration date : 2009-07-17

Back to top Go down

Right Wing Shock Jocks polluting the ignorant mind! Empty Re: Right Wing Shock Jocks polluting the ignorant mind!

Post by Katelin Fri Jul 24, 2009 10:53 pm

Really?

I guess I am disappointed. I was thinking in our other Health Care forum that for two people with differing opinions that you were doing a nice job of being relatively respectiful of a different perspective.

"I despise every single one of these close-minded, narrow, pretentious and brain-washing conservitives spreading their disgusting rhetoric in the ears of millions of Americans."

As far as close minded goes- this is the most parochial post I have read on this website.
Katelin
Katelin

Female
Interests : Debate, reading, eating Italian food, listening to alternative music, sleeping.
Registration date : 2009-07-15

Back to top Go down

Right Wing Shock Jocks polluting the ignorant mind! Empty Re: Right Wing Shock Jocks polluting the ignorant mind!

Post by Donald Williams Fri Jul 24, 2009 11:09 pm

Who needs O'reilly when you have Colbert?
Donald Williams
Donald Williams
Admin
Admin

Male
Interests : Life, Writing, Women ;), History, Debate.
Registration date : 2008-06-19

https://the-gathering.forumotion.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by psychoslayer_510 Fri Jul 24, 2009 11:09 pm

ha, that was led towards those very few people. not Conservatives as a whole and their view. I can agree and discuss conservative views with anyone, it's people like Micheal Savage who cannot be reasoned with. there is no room for him to be wrong or even merely off course. they don't have opinions, they have forced facts. people who lie on national airwaves I should hope you wouldn't defend.
psychoslayer_510
psychoslayer_510

Male
Interests : Religion, Anarchy, weightlifting, social sciences, human philosophy, metal, physics

Back to top Go down

Post by Katelin Fri Jul 24, 2009 11:15 pm

Somehow, 'I despise every single one of these close-minded, narrow, pretentious and brain-washing conservitives' sounds like it is a hit at every single conservative. I don't know why though.
Katelin
Katelin

Female
Interests : Debate, reading, eating Italian food, listening to alternative music, sleeping.

Back to top Go down

Post by Donald Williams Fri Jul 24, 2009 11:17 pm

I just have no idea how you did not mention Rush limbaugh, I cannot stand Michael alan weiner (Aka Savage) and Limbaugh, I agree they spin everything into a hate filled rate on why liberals are ruining the country without seeing any sense of reason.

I had to listen to Limbaugh once in the past few months. (It was during the captain of an american ship was taken hostage by Somali Pirates)

He screamed and preached about how Obama was going to give the pirates their ransom, and how then they would capture more americans and never be punished. He stated how Obama had no courage and would not make the right call when american lives were on the line. He then used it as a symbol to foreign policy and said how in four years are country would be the butt of terrorist demands. (Imagine this being said and painted in slightly different ways for two hours.)

The Next day, Three pirates were assassinated, The other arrested, and the captain was saved.

Good Call Oxycotin Rush.

HECK YEAH AMERICA! (That was such an awesome day.)
Donald Williams
Donald Williams
Admin
Admin

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by psychoslayer_510 Fri Jul 24, 2009 11:20 pm

well see, now you're taking this out of context. using that part of the quote implies that all conservitives are as I've described. but I'm almost positive a very very small percentage of conservitives spread their rhetoric to millions of American's ears daily. correct? therefore within full context of what I wrote, I was directing every description of a conservative at this very very small percentage. the average conservative has helped shape our american culture. does that make you feel better?
psychoslayer_510
psychoslayer_510

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Spishnittlestick Fri Jul 24, 2009 11:24 pm

LOL, Katelin certainly has a point. Careful with your wording, guys, don't be offensive.

I'm very liberal.

Katelin is very not.

But she's still a stellar person.

My cousin is very conservative, too. She's from TN.

We just don't talk about politics anymore xD

Fights with those you love are never fun, and I love you all, so be respectful towards one another.

And Psychoslayer, you should present points and wait for respectful results. Let's learn something here. At the very least, it's at least knowing your enemy for future debates Wink

I, for instance, am liberal for several reasons. First and foremost, I will not support legislation that tries to regulate social issues. That simply never works.

I'm not proud of the world in which we live, and for that matter, things need to be changed. I'm very open to new, fresh ideas, and I think our nation could use a bit of innovation and leftist thought to allow for a smoother transition into a world in which, sadly, America is ill-equipped (good thing we're manipulative when it comes to profit *rolls eyes*. It certainly doesn't look like our education is going anywhere.)

I'm calling for change because I don't like how things are right now, but from whomever (probably Katelin), I'd love to know the opposite viewpoint.

Thanks xD
Spishnittlestick
Spishnittlestick
Top Poster
Top Poster

Male
Interests : Art, Music, Technology, Veganism, Straight Edge
Registration date : 2008-06-26

http://www.myspace.com/spishnittlestick

Back to top Go down

Post by Donald Williams Fri Jul 24, 2009 11:33 pm

Spishnittlestick wrote:LOL, Katelin certainly has a point. Careful with your wording, guys, don't be offensive.

I'm very liberal.

Katelin is very not.

But she's still a stellar person.

My cousin is very conservative, too. She's from TN.

We just don't talk about politics anymore xD

Fights with those you love are never fun, and I love you all, so be respectful towards one another.

And Psychoslayer, you should present points and wait for respectful results. Let's learn something here. At the very least, it's at least knowing your enemy for future debates Wink

I, for instance, am liberal for several reasons. First and foremost, I will not support legislation that tries to regulate social issues. That simply never works.

I'm not proud of the world in which we live, and for that matter, things need to be changed. I'm very open to new, fresh ideas, and I think our nation could use a bit of innovation and leftist thought to allow for a smoother transition into a world in which, sadly, America is ill-equipped (good thing we're manipulative when it comes to profit *rolls eyes*. It certainly doesn't look like our education is going anywhere.)

I'm calling for change because I don't like how things are right now, but from whomever (probably Katelin), I'd love to know the opposite viewpoint.

Thanks xD

I want to address that I also see Katelin's viewpoint and agree with the base of reasoning, and I feel I wasn't contradicting her. I wasn't putting all conservatives into a category and pointing at them each whilst shouting HEATHEN, but only addressing the two hosts that I have actually had experience listening to, and how they both can definitely shine light on the root of Psycho's argument.

Also, I agree spish, when I gaze upon the root of the world we live in today I feel deep sadness at what I see. I feel that instead of letting the health of our countries citizens be decided by dollars and cents, or allowing the CEO"s of companies to make a profit off of the money coming from the american people, And also at the sight of our nation becoming a country who cares about itself.

And If I offended anyone. I apologize deeply and will give rep to the offended. Wink Sad

Last edited by Donald Williams on Fri Jul 24, 2009 11:38 pm; edited 1 time in total
Donald Williams
Donald Williams
Admin
Admin

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by psychoslayer_510 Fri Jul 24, 2009 11:36 pm

my argument was exactly what you said Donald. I'm only pointing at those Shock Jocks. apparently the topic was mistook by Katelyn as an attack on all conservatives.
psychoslayer_510
psychoslayer_510

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Katelin Fri Jul 24, 2009 11:44 pm

Psychoslayer, don't attempt to placate me. I'm not crying in the corner due to this forum and you won't 'make me feel better.' We have differing perspectives, but that is essential for any effective social infrastructure anyway- and for that reason, I will always try to respect your opinion. I don't feel like I have misunderstood your intent. On the record, I don't like O'Reilly either because I feel that he is a conservative propaganda pundit- that's not what I want republicanism to stand for.

Spish, thanks Smile

Next, I rsepect that you are liberal because you don't believe that the government should get involved in social issues -I don't either. Or economic issues. Or personal issues. Or issues involving my SSN, or family, or relationships, or anything. I think the government should be extremely minimal, it is the way the feds were supposed to be. That's why I feel like expanding USFG jurisdiction over industries like Health are will not turn out well. I, too, am not proud of the world that we live in and the depravity that seems to fester. In my opinion that is the fault of technology and media, not much to do with politics- except that conservative values are generally associated with traditional morals. Though that is a generalization that is clearly disproven by you, Tyler Smile . I also feel that if you are looking to innovation, that it can only be found in a thriving, balanced capitalistic economy, which is just one objective of the Republican party.
Katelin
Katelin

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by psychoslayer_510 Fri Jul 24, 2009 11:54 pm

I was only retaliating on your rather condescending post on this topic towards me. ok, this whole topic was created for a post like what you just wrote about O'Reilly. it's to discuss feelings towards these shock jocks, nothing else. oh, and I'm sorry I spelled your name wrong!

I respect that you stand for something, whether I agree or not. I don't believe states' rights are the way of the future, and at the same time do not support federal interference where I can. which is why I find it more difficult debating with you, because you are purely "old school" republican propagating a contemporary movement, and I'm not the liberal to stand in your way. I argue that neither liberals nor conservatives have it completely right and I would like to see entire inside out reform of both parties, while still keeping them, because everyone knows our country would be nothing without the two-party system.
psychoslayer_510
psychoslayer_510

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Katelin Fri Jul 24, 2009 11:59 pm

fo sure, homie.
Extremism in either direction will never get you the correct answer.
I respect that you can support what you stand for.
Katelin
Katelin

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Spishnittlestick Fri Jul 24, 2009 11:59 pm

Ben, first of all, I never even dreamed of labeling you as "offensive," so no need to worry xD

Katelin, I'm very anti-capitalist, as well. And I'd like for you to list some "conservative values" and "traditional morals." I'm not mocking you, I just want to make sure we'll be talking about the same things so we have a more solid debate here Smile

And I'm anti-capitalist because capitalism is driven by profit, meaning people, animals, and government all become expendable in the name of money. Choices are made not based on the effects of the environment or the people or creatures hurt in the process, but based on what will generate the highest monetary figures. People aren't hired to contribute to something bigger ... they're exploited in jobs they don't like, doing things humans aren't meant to do (What the hell is up with monotomy? As a human being, I demand something better, and you all should too.) Why do people work? For money. To buy things they don't need ... things that are designed to generate the profit, regardless of whatever negative effects it may have on the consumer.

An excellent video to watch is The Corporation. Or even The High Cost Of Low Prices.

I'm going to post one of my favorite clips of The Corporation, because it parallels with my interests in veganism.