The Gathering
[table width=350 style="background:white;border:silver 1px solid; padding:3px;margin-left:5px"][tr][td]Today the new congress started their first session by.. Admini10[/td]
[td]

Welcome to the anything and everything forum, The Gathering.[/td][/tr]

[tr][td colspan="2"]You may either choose to log-in, or register if you have not yet joined! TG contains a plethora of organic content that is sure to spark your interests.

We hope you enjoy your visit.

Sincerely, Cjanz, Donald Williams, JaketheSnake, MasonK565 and Silent_Brad
Forum Staff
[/td][/tr][/table]

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Gathering
[table width=350 style="background:white;border:silver 1px solid; padding:3px;margin-left:5px"][tr][td]Today the new congress started their first session by.. Admini10[/td]
[td]

Welcome to the anything and everything forum, The Gathering.[/td][/tr]

[tr][td colspan="2"]You may either choose to log-in, or register if you have not yet joined! TG contains a plethora of organic content that is sure to spark your interests.

We hope you enjoy your visit.

Sincerely, Cjanz, Donald Williams, JaketheSnake, MasonK565 and Silent_Brad
Forum Staff
[/td][/tr][/table]
The Gathering
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Extras

Gallery

Today the new congress started their first session by.. Empty
Poll

Which 3 (Or less) in 1997?

Today the new congress started their first session by.. I_vote1010%Today the new congress started their first session by.. I_vote11 10% [ 1 ]
Today the new congress started their first session by.. I_vote1040%Today the new congress started their first session by.. I_vote11 40% [ 4 ]
Today the new congress started their first session by.. I_vote100%Today the new congress started their first session by.. I_vote11 0% [ 0 ]
Today the new congress started their first session by.. I_vote1010%Today the new congress started their first session by.. I_vote11 10% [ 1 ]
Today the new congress started their first session by.. I_vote1020%Today the new congress started their first session by.. I_vote11 20% [ 2 ]
Today the new congress started their first session by.. I_vote100%Today the new congress started their first session by.. I_vote11 0% [ 0 ]

Total Votes : 10

Latest topics
» Tim's Movie Review of the Day: 'The Hangover Part II' (2011)
Today the new congress started their first session by.. EmptyMon May 30, 2011 8:52 pm by Timma1986

» Tim's Movie Review of the Day: 'Apocalypse Now' (1979)
Today the new congress started their first session by.. EmptyMon May 23, 2011 9:07 pm by Timma1986

» Tim's Movie Review of the Day: 'Almost Famous' (2000)
Today the new congress started their first session by.. EmptyTue May 17, 2011 6:54 pm by Timma1986

» AGGRON!
Today the new congress started their first session by.. EmptySun May 15, 2011 8:25 pm by ZIMMER1994

» Anybody Collect Anything?
Today the new congress started their first session by.. EmptyThu May 05, 2011 11:04 pm by lakeg

» Tim's Movie Review of the Day: 'Shaun of the Dead' (2004)
Today the new congress started their first session by.. EmptyThu May 05, 2011 9:40 pm by Timma1986

» Original Riffs
Today the new congress started their first session by.. EmptyTue May 03, 2011 1:43 am by Cjanz

» Which 2011 sequel are you most excited for?
Today the new congress started their first session by.. EmptyMon May 02, 2011 9:26 pm by MasonK565

» RELEASE!
Today the new congress started their first session by.. EmptyMon May 02, 2011 9:24 pm by MasonK565

Affiliates

Today the new congress started their first session by.. IVIBanner4Kopie

Today the new congress started their first session by.. Get-attachment-1_reasonably_small

The Open World Project is trying to raise money so that a school in Nepal can get at least two laptops with internet access. This could change the world for a generation of children.

Support Us!

Follow TG!

Today the new congress started their first session by..

3 posters

Go down

Today the new congress started their first session by.. Empty Today the new congress started their first session by..

Post by Donald Williams Thu Jan 06, 2011 1:50 pm

Reading the constitution out loud.
Donald Williams
Donald Williams
Admin
Admin

Male
Interests : Life, Writing, Women ;), History, Debate.
Registration date : 2008-06-19

https://the-gathering.forumotion.com/

Back to top Go down

Today the new congress started their first session by.. Empty Re: Today the new congress started their first session by..

Post by Cjanz Thu Jan 06, 2011 2:01 pm

You know where that's headed...Hello, constitutionality claims on healthcare.
Cjanz
Cjanz
Admin
Admin

Male
Interests : New music, philosophy, technology in general, culture, language, religion, and debate
Registration date : 2008-06-19

http://www.the-gathering.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Today the new congress started their first session by.. Empty Re: Today the new congress started their first session by..

Post by JakeTheSnake Sun Jan 09, 2011 8:23 pm

Did they actually read the whole thing or did they pick and choose which parts matched up with their belief system?
JakeTheSnake
JakeTheSnake

Male
Registration date : 2008-06-26

Back to top Go down

Post by JakeTheSnake Sun Jan 09, 2011 8:26 pm

Yahoo News wrote:Before the reading, there had been a monumental debate on what should
and should not be read. When all was said and done, several portions of
the Constitution were left out, most notably the parts dealing with
slavery, including how much a slave should be counted with regards to
state representation (three-fifths of a person), and how an escaped
slave that made his way to free state must still be returned to his
owner. There were other passages not read, like the procedures for
electing senators and the how the electoral college was meant to operate
and the part concerning [color:1f3f=#366388 ! important][color:1f3f=#366388 ! important]women's [color:1f3f=#366388 ! important]suffrage.
Some were so incensed by the decision not to have the
portions on slavery read, like Rep. James E. Clyburn (R-SC), that they
refused to attend the reading. Clyburn said in an interview that the
reading could have been "educational" and illuminated how the United
States had "wrestled with things like race and gender," but instead
chose to present an version of the U. S. Constitution that was
"revisionist history."

It turns out they did leave out parts.
JakeTheSnake
JakeTheSnake

Male
Registration date : 2008-06-26

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down