The Gathering
[table width=350 style="background:white;border:silver 1px solid; padding:3px;margin-left:5px"][tr][td]Churches connecting to youth today Admini10[/td]
[td]

Welcome to the anything and everything forum, The Gathering.[/td][/tr]

[tr][td colspan="2"]You may either choose to log-in, or register if you have not yet joined! TG contains a plethora of organic content that is sure to spark your interests.

We hope you enjoy your visit.

Sincerely, Cjanz, Donald Williams, JaketheSnake, MasonK565 and Silent_Brad
Forum Staff
[/td][/tr][/table]

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Gathering
[table width=350 style="background:white;border:silver 1px solid; padding:3px;margin-left:5px"][tr][td]Churches connecting to youth today Admini10[/td]
[td]

Welcome to the anything and everything forum, The Gathering.[/td][/tr]

[tr][td colspan="2"]You may either choose to log-in, or register if you have not yet joined! TG contains a plethora of organic content that is sure to spark your interests.

We hope you enjoy your visit.

Sincerely, Cjanz, Donald Williams, JaketheSnake, MasonK565 and Silent_Brad
Forum Staff
[/td][/tr][/table]
The Gathering
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Extras

Gallery

Churches connecting to youth today Empty
Poll

Which 3 (Or less) in 1997?

Churches connecting to youth today I_vote1010%Churches connecting to youth today I_vote11 10% [ 1 ]
Churches connecting to youth today I_vote1040%Churches connecting to youth today I_vote11 40% [ 4 ]
Churches connecting to youth today I_vote100%Churches connecting to youth today I_vote11 0% [ 0 ]
Churches connecting to youth today I_vote1010%Churches connecting to youth today I_vote11 10% [ 1 ]
Churches connecting to youth today I_vote1020%Churches connecting to youth today I_vote11 20% [ 2 ]
Churches connecting to youth today I_vote100%Churches connecting to youth today I_vote11 0% [ 0 ]

Total Votes : 10

Latest topics
» Tim's Movie Review of the Day: 'The Hangover Part II' (2011)
Churches connecting to youth today EmptyMon May 30, 2011 8:52 pm by Timma1986

» Tim's Movie Review of the Day: 'Apocalypse Now' (1979)
Churches connecting to youth today EmptyMon May 23, 2011 9:07 pm by Timma1986

» Tim's Movie Review of the Day: 'Almost Famous' (2000)
Churches connecting to youth today EmptyTue May 17, 2011 6:54 pm by Timma1986

» AGGRON!
Churches connecting to youth today EmptySun May 15, 2011 8:25 pm by ZIMMER1994

» Anybody Collect Anything?
Churches connecting to youth today EmptyThu May 05, 2011 11:04 pm by lakeg

» Tim's Movie Review of the Day: 'Shaun of the Dead' (2004)
Churches connecting to youth today EmptyThu May 05, 2011 9:40 pm by Timma1986

» Original Riffs
Churches connecting to youth today EmptyTue May 03, 2011 1:43 am by Cjanz

» Which 2011 sequel are you most excited for?
Churches connecting to youth today EmptyMon May 02, 2011 9:26 pm by MasonK565

» RELEASE!
Churches connecting to youth today EmptyMon May 02, 2011 9:24 pm by MasonK565

Affiliates

Churches connecting to youth today IVIBanner4Kopie

Churches connecting to youth today Get-attachment-1_reasonably_small

The Open World Project is trying to raise money so that a school in Nepal can get at least two laptops with internet access. This could change the world for a generation of children.

Support Us!

Follow TG!

Churches connecting to youth today

3 posters

Go down

Churches connecting to youth today Empty Churches connecting to youth today

Post by MasonK565 Mon Jan 17, 2011 3:59 pm

Okay, now I am not making this thread so it can lead to an argument between religions, but to ask of advice from everybody in this forum.

A growing problem among churches is that they are failing to connect with a younger audience, or even keep the youth they have after they graduate high school. The leader of a youth group I am apart is asking my group to brainstorm reasons why people seem to stop going to church after they leave youth groups and graduate high school, and come up with reasons on how to keep them. I am also looking for advice on how to attract more outsiders to the church, young and old (but preferably young).

Now I might kinda know what most peoples beliefs are on the topic, but all I am asking is for all you to put in your opinions and views on why younger people stop going to church after youth group, and how to solve this problem. I would also appreciate ideas on what the churches approach should be in attracting the younger population.

I am doing this for Chris, the youth group director, as I respect him and I am a friend of his. I feel I should help him out by asking you guys and suggesting ideas on this to him.

I would like to thank you in advance, if you do take part in this thread. I appreciate you helping me in trying to help out another friend. Thanks.
MasonK565
MasonK565
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Male
Interests : Music, comics, movies
Registration date : 2010-12-09

Back to top Go down

Churches connecting to youth today Empty Re: Churches connecting to youth today

Post by Cjanz Mon Jan 17, 2011 7:50 pm

I feel like a plethora of young adults seek to estrange themselves from normative life (or at least what has always been normal). I think the problem begins with many parents who do not cite the interest in their kids; but rather, force attendance and make it an association of obligation rather than choice.

Religious views do have some bearing on the motivation to continue attending church, and it has to be understood that many kids will also undergo a few radical changes in their views. This is to be expected, and again, can be associated with parental influence. I think there aren't enough distinctions drawn for the benefit of attending, especially when it comes down to the opportunity to sleep in for once. Smile
Cjanz
Cjanz
Admin
Admin

Male
Interests : New music, philosophy, technology in general, culture, language, religion, and debate
Registration date : 2008-06-19

http://www.the-gathering.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by JakeTheSnake Tue Jan 18, 2011 11:59 am

I agree with Connor, the majority of people who stop going, stop because they were forced to go all their lives. They see Church as a chore rather than something positive.
JakeTheSnake
JakeTheSnake

Male
Registration date : 2008-06-26

Back to top Go down

Post by MasonK565 Tue Jan 18, 2011 2:12 pm

Yes, thank you! Keep the ideas and thoughts coming!
MasonK565
MasonK565
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Male
Interests : Music, comics, movies
Registration date : 2010-12-09

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down