The Gathering
[table width=350 style="background:white;border:silver 1px solid; padding:3px;margin-left:5px"][tr][td]gOD, ( You all knew I was going to do it) - Page 19 Admini10[/td]
[td]

Welcome to the anything and everything forum, The Gathering.[/td][/tr]

[tr][td colspan="2"]You may either choose to log-in, or register if you have not yet joined! TG contains a plethora of organic content that is sure to spark your interests.

We hope you enjoy your visit.

Sincerely, Cjanz, Donald Williams, JaketheSnake, MasonK565 and Silent_Brad
Forum Staff
[/td][/tr][/table]

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Gathering
[table width=350 style="background:white;border:silver 1px solid; padding:3px;margin-left:5px"][tr][td]gOD, ( You all knew I was going to do it) - Page 19 Admini10[/td]
[td]

Welcome to the anything and everything forum, The Gathering.[/td][/tr]

[tr][td colspan="2"]You may either choose to log-in, or register if you have not yet joined! TG contains a plethora of organic content that is sure to spark your interests.

We hope you enjoy your visit.

Sincerely, Cjanz, Donald Williams, JaketheSnake, MasonK565 and Silent_Brad
Forum Staff
[/td][/tr][/table]
The Gathering
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Extras

Gallery

gOD, ( You all knew I was going to do it) - Page 19 Empty
Poll

Which 3 (Or less) in 1997?

gOD, ( You all knew I was going to do it) - Page 19 I_vote1010%gOD, ( You all knew I was going to do it) - Page 19 I_vote11 10% [ 1 ]
gOD, ( You all knew I was going to do it) - Page 19 I_vote1040%gOD, ( You all knew I was going to do it) - Page 19 I_vote11 40% [ 4 ]
gOD, ( You all knew I was going to do it) - Page 19 I_vote100%gOD, ( You all knew I was going to do it) - Page 19 I_vote11 0% [ 0 ]
gOD, ( You all knew I was going to do it) - Page 19 I_vote1010%gOD, ( You all knew I was going to do it) - Page 19 I_vote11 10% [ 1 ]
gOD, ( You all knew I was going to do it) - Page 19 I_vote1020%gOD, ( You all knew I was going to do it) - Page 19 I_vote11 20% [ 2 ]
gOD, ( You all knew I was going to do it) - Page 19 I_vote100%gOD, ( You all knew I was going to do it) - Page 19 I_vote11 0% [ 0 ]

Total Votes : 10

Latest topics
» Tim's Movie Review of the Day: 'The Hangover Part II' (2011)
gOD, ( You all knew I was going to do it) - Page 19 EmptyMon May 30, 2011 8:52 pm by Timma1986

» Tim's Movie Review of the Day: 'Apocalypse Now' (1979)
gOD, ( You all knew I was going to do it) - Page 19 EmptyMon May 23, 2011 9:07 pm by Timma1986

» Tim's Movie Review of the Day: 'Almost Famous' (2000)
gOD, ( You all knew I was going to do it) - Page 19 EmptyTue May 17, 2011 6:54 pm by Timma1986

» AGGRON!
gOD, ( You all knew I was going to do it) - Page 19 EmptySun May 15, 2011 8:25 pm by ZIMMER1994

» Anybody Collect Anything?
gOD, ( You all knew I was going to do it) - Page 19 EmptyThu May 05, 2011 11:04 pm by lakeg

» Tim's Movie Review of the Day: 'Shaun of the Dead' (2004)
gOD, ( You all knew I was going to do it) - Page 19 EmptyThu May 05, 2011 9:40 pm by Timma1986

» Original Riffs
gOD, ( You all knew I was going to do it) - Page 19 EmptyTue May 03, 2011 1:43 am by Cjanz

» Which 2011 sequel are you most excited for?
gOD, ( You all knew I was going to do it) - Page 19 EmptyMon May 02, 2011 9:26 pm by MasonK565

» RELEASE!
gOD, ( You all knew I was going to do it) - Page 19 EmptyMon May 02, 2011 9:24 pm by MasonK565

Affiliates

gOD, ( You all knew I was going to do it) - Page 19 IVIBanner4Kopie

gOD, ( You all knew I was going to do it) - Page 19 Get-attachment-1_reasonably_small

The Open World Project is trying to raise money so that a school in Nepal can get at least two laptops with internet access. This could change the world for a generation of children.

Support Us!

Follow TG!

gOD, ( You all knew I was going to do it)

+25
MasonK565
TitsMcgee
Fireflies
TheBoorbarian
bigdaddyt
Dragon
Paradigm
DilliDali
kissthezombie
Taylawr
dolphingirl
macncheese101
somedeadidiot
icesniper
Oliviar
Apollo
Silent_Brad
VioletVenom
Darkest Rocker
MBelle
JakeTheSnake
Cjanz
Spishnittlestick
Donald Williams
fuzzy
29 posters

Page 19 of 19 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 17, 18, 19

Go down

gOD, ( You all knew I was going to do it) - Page 19 Empty gOD, ( You all knew I was going to do it)

Post by fuzzy Sun Jul 13, 2008 6:03 pm

First topic message reminder :

Prove your god is real.
Good luck... (you're going to need it)
fuzzy
fuzzy

Male
Interests : Computers/Religion
Registration date : 2008-07-02

http://ultra-omega.niffith.com

Back to top Go down

gOD, ( You all knew I was going to do it) - Page 19 Empty Re: gOD, ( You all knew I was going to do it)

Post by Molly Wed Feb 02, 2011 8:29 pm

I have a question... this is gonna come across as rude, but I really am genuinely curious. Why does it matter what someone believes and what someone doesn't believe. (To be clear, I'm not directing this at any of you directly, it's more of a general question about people in the world who try so hard to get people to believe exactly what they believe.)

In my mind, it shouldn't matter what someone else believes, just be confident in what you believe. Anyway, if you believe there is a god (or gods) and an afterlife etc, you should obviously be living life to the fullest and trying to be the best person you can, because you want your space in the afterlife. If you don't believe in a god or an afterlife, you should still live your life to the fullest and be the best you can be, because these 80-some years are the only years you have.

It shouldn't matter what anyone else believes, it doesn't affect you. Just life your life in the way you see fit, believe what you want, and live in harmony with people who believe different things.

Again, sorry if anyone feels like this is directed at them personally, it really isn't. It's just a general question I am curious about. Smile
Molly
Molly

Female
Interests : Slowly but surely taking over the world.
Registration date : 2011-02-02

Back to top Go down

gOD, ( You all knew I was going to do it) - Page 19 Empty Re: gOD, ( You all knew I was going to do it)

Post by Cjanz Wed Feb 02, 2011 8:33 pm

Molly wrote:I have a question... this is gonna come across as rude, but I really am genuinely curious. Why does it matter what someone believes and what someone doesn't believe. (To be clear, I'm not directing this at any of you directly, it's more of a general question about people in the world who try so hard to get people to believe exactly what they believe.)

In my mind, it shouldn't matter what someone else believes, just be confident in what you believe. Anyway, if you believe there is a god (or gods) and an afterlife etc, you should obviously be living life to the fullest and trying to be the best person you can, because you want your space in the afterlife. If you don't believe in a god or an afterlife, you should still live your life to the fullest and be the best you can be, because these 80-some years are the only years you have.

It shouldn't matter what anyone else believes, it doesn't affect you. Just life your life in the way you see fit, believe what you want, and live in harmony with people who believe different things.

Again, sorry if anyone feels like this is directed at them personally, it really isn't. It's just a general question I am curious about. Smile

I agree with you entirely. I used to be more vehement in trying to convince others that what I thought was the best way to approach religion, but not only have my views changed so dramatically that I feel I have no place to ask others to adjust themselves, but I also find that people tend to believe what they want to believe anyhow.

Also, it is indeed valuable to have discussions about religion, but I also do not think it should be about making someone else adhere to your personal system. What works for each individual is different, and turning it into analysis instead of debate is more helpful than anything.
Cjanz
Cjanz
Admin
Admin

Male
Interests : New music, philosophy, technology in general, culture, language, religion, and debate
Registration date : 2008-06-19

http://www.the-gathering.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by JJwells Wed Feb 02, 2011 8:40 pm

I don't really know the answer to this but I have also noticed this. I am Christian and I know that my religion wants me to reach out to people but I don't completely believe in that. In same ways its ok but i'm not going to push it upon someone at all. I feel people should find there own path.

The more you press something on a person they will most likely try to get away from it and reject it. Someone isn't going to change for you or because you they change on there own matter in there mind. Even people in the same religion wont believe the same thing normally.
JJwells
JJwells
Top Poster
Top Poster

Male
Interests : Music, Hunting, Trapping, Internet, ect
Registration date : 2009-09-25

Back to top Go down

Post by Molly Wed Feb 02, 2011 8:57 pm

From what I've noticed, most of the time people who aren't religious only become religious from some personal event or experience in their own lives. Same thing the other way; people who are religious lose that after some experience. Rarely do people switch from one to the other based merely off of someone bugging them that their views are wrong.

Religion, whether they have it or not, is an opinion that most people feel very very strongly about. So it would take more than someone saying "I believe the total opposite, here's why I am so obviously correct and you are so obviously wrong!"
Molly
Molly

Female
Interests : Slowly but surely taking over the world.
Registration date : 2011-02-02

Back to top Go down

Post by JJwells Thu Feb 03, 2011 1:49 pm

Ya, thats why I dont press my opinion on someone because chances are it wont change anything mayeb it helps but it can sometimes do less than more.
JJwells
JJwells
Top Poster
Top Poster

Male
Interests : Music, Hunting, Trapping, Internet, ect
Registration date : 2009-09-25

Back to top Go down

Post by MasonK565 Thu Feb 03, 2011 4:16 pm

I find religion very pointless to debate over on the internet, and most times in real life too.
MasonK565
MasonK565
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Male
Interests : Music, comics, movies
Registration date : 2010-12-09

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 19 of 19 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 17, 18, 19