The Gathering
[table width=350 style="background:white;border:silver 1px solid; padding:3px;margin-left:5px"][tr][td]gOD, ( You all knew I was going to do it) Admini10[/td]
[td]

Welcome to the anything and everything forum, The Gathering.[/td][/tr]

[tr][td colspan="2"]You may either choose to log-in, or register if you have not yet joined! TG contains a plethora of organic content that is sure to spark your interests.

We hope you enjoy your visit.

Sincerely, Cjanz, Donald Williams, JaketheSnake, MasonK565 and Silent_Brad
Forum Staff
[/td][/tr][/table]

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Gathering
[table width=350 style="background:white;border:silver 1px solid; padding:3px;margin-left:5px"][tr][td]gOD, ( You all knew I was going to do it) Admini10[/td]
[td]

Welcome to the anything and everything forum, The Gathering.[/td][/tr]

[tr][td colspan="2"]You may either choose to log-in, or register if you have not yet joined! TG contains a plethora of organic content that is sure to spark your interests.

We hope you enjoy your visit.

Sincerely, Cjanz, Donald Williams, JaketheSnake, MasonK565 and Silent_Brad
Forum Staff
[/td][/tr][/table]
The Gathering
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Extras

Gallery

gOD, ( You all knew I was going to do it) Empty
Poll

Which 3 (Or less) in 1997?

gOD, ( You all knew I was going to do it) I_vote1010%gOD, ( You all knew I was going to do it) I_vote11 10% [ 1 ]
gOD, ( You all knew I was going to do it) I_vote1040%gOD, ( You all knew I was going to do it) I_vote11 40% [ 4 ]
gOD, ( You all knew I was going to do it) I_vote100%gOD, ( You all knew I was going to do it) I_vote11 0% [ 0 ]
gOD, ( You all knew I was going to do it) I_vote1010%gOD, ( You all knew I was going to do it) I_vote11 10% [ 1 ]
gOD, ( You all knew I was going to do it) I_vote1020%gOD, ( You all knew I was going to do it) I_vote11 20% [ 2 ]
gOD, ( You all knew I was going to do it) I_vote100%gOD, ( You all knew I was going to do it) I_vote11 0% [ 0 ]

Total Votes : 10

Latest topics
» Tim's Movie Review of the Day: 'The Hangover Part II' (2011)
gOD, ( You all knew I was going to do it) EmptyMon May 30, 2011 8:52 pm by Timma1986

» Tim's Movie Review of the Day: 'Apocalypse Now' (1979)
gOD, ( You all knew I was going to do it) EmptyMon May 23, 2011 9:07 pm by Timma1986

» Tim's Movie Review of the Day: 'Almost Famous' (2000)
gOD, ( You all knew I was going to do it) EmptyTue May 17, 2011 6:54 pm by Timma1986

» AGGRON!
gOD, ( You all knew I was going to do it) EmptySun May 15, 2011 8:25 pm by ZIMMER1994

» Anybody Collect Anything?
gOD, ( You all knew I was going to do it) EmptyThu May 05, 2011 11:04 pm by lakeg

» Tim's Movie Review of the Day: 'Shaun of the Dead' (2004)
gOD, ( You all knew I was going to do it) EmptyThu May 05, 2011 9:40 pm by Timma1986

» Original Riffs
gOD, ( You all knew I was going to do it) EmptyTue May 03, 2011 1:43 am by Cjanz

» Which 2011 sequel are you most excited for?
gOD, ( You all knew I was going to do it) EmptyMon May 02, 2011 9:26 pm by MasonK565

» RELEASE!
gOD, ( You all knew I was going to do it) EmptyMon May 02, 2011 9:24 pm by MasonK565

Affiliates

gOD, ( You all knew I was going to do it) IVIBanner4Kopie

gOD, ( You all knew I was going to do it) Get-attachment-1_reasonably_small

The Open World Project is trying to raise money so that a school in Nepal can get at least two laptops with internet access. This could change the world for a generation of children.

Support Us!

Follow TG!

gOD, ( You all knew I was going to do it)

+25
MasonK565
TitsMcgee
Fireflies
TheBoorbarian
bigdaddyt
Dragon
Paradigm
DilliDali
kissthezombie
Taylawr
dolphingirl
macncheese101
somedeadidiot
icesniper
Oliviar
Apollo
Silent_Brad
VioletVenom
Darkest Rocker
MBelle
JakeTheSnake
Cjanz
Spishnittlestick
Donald Williams
fuzzy
29 posters

Page 1 of 19 1, 2, 3 ... 10 ... 19  Next

Go down

gOD, ( You all knew I was going to do it) Empty gOD, ( You all knew I was going to do it)

Post by fuzzy Sun Jul 13, 2008 6:03 pm

Prove your god is real.
Good luck... (you're going to need it)
fuzzy
fuzzy

Male
Interests : Computers/Religion
Registration date : 2008-07-02

http://ultra-omega.niffith.com

Back to top Go down

gOD, ( You all knew I was going to do it) Empty Re: gOD, ( You all knew I was going to do it)

Post by Donald Williams Sun Jul 13, 2008 6:04 pm

Prove god is not real
Donald Williams
Donald Williams
Admin
Admin

Male
Interests : Life, Writing, Women ;), History, Debate.
Registration date : 2008-06-19

https://the-gathering.forumotion.com/

Back to top Go down

gOD, ( You all knew I was going to do it) Empty Re: gOD, ( You all knew I was going to do it)

Post by fuzzy Sun Jul 13, 2008 6:16 pm

Logic, History, prayer, (if you're christian) the bible.

Logic... This world is waaaay to ****ed up, and why the hell does an immortal being need a penis??!

Prayer - It says in the bible if you pray and truely believe it will come true.

The bible - O boy, where to start.
1. Stoning women for not being virgin
2. Stoning "rebellious" teenagers(not getting stoned! haha)
3. Intolerance of different people (gays), while it is also stated that all sins are equal, and you shouldn't judge, yet it also tells you to kill gays.
4. If you work on sunday (the sabbath) you're supposed to be put to death?
I can go on but... that should be enough for now.
fuzzy
fuzzy

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Spishnittlestick Sun Jul 13, 2008 6:20 pm

Nailed it. My friend gave me a pretty good link where people with no lives pick apart holy books to find faults. It's http://skepticsannotatedbible.com/ You may catch some amusement there, but I really don't care enough to go through it all, haha.
Spishnittlestick
Spishnittlestick
Top Poster
Top Poster

Male
Interests : Art, Music, Technology, Veganism, Straight Edge
Registration date : 2008-06-26

http://www.myspace.com/spishnittlestick

Back to top Go down

Post by Donald Williams Sun Jul 13, 2008 6:20 pm

That was a different time period, and many of those ideals are irrelevant now. Many people wanted to stone Galileo too when he said the earth wasn't the center of the Universe, times change, as do ways of life. So none of those arguments have any substance at all,
Anyways, none of those points successfully proved he was not real.
Donald Williams
Donald Williams
Admin
Admin

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Cjanz Sun Jul 13, 2008 6:23 pm

You cannot prove that it's not real, but the fact of the matter is that you can't prove that it IS real. The belief in any type of god is contradictory in itself.
Cjanz
Cjanz
Admin
Admin

Male
Interests : New music, philosophy, technology in general, culture, language, religion, and debate

http://www.the-gathering.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Donald Williams Sun Jul 13, 2008 6:26 pm

How is it contradictory? Many miracles have happened throughout time, as well as revelations successful predictions in what would happen in the church, to convince me of the truth of Christianity, anyways, your point right there is more basis for why this argument is completely pointless, none of us were around as time began, so how the hell will any of us have proof for what did or didn't happen.
Donald Williams
Donald Williams
Admin
Admin

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by JakeTheSnake Sun Jul 13, 2008 6:33 pm

Ahhh religious debates. The one argument where no one ever wins Very Happy

Last edited by JakeTheSnake on Sun Jul 13, 2008 6:35 pm; edited 1 time in total
JakeTheSnake
JakeTheSnake

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Cjanz Sun Jul 13, 2008 6:33 pm

Yet, how can anyone prove those were acts of god?
Cjanz
Cjanz
Admin
Admin

Male
Interests : New music, philosophy, technology in general, culture, language, religion, and debate

Back to top Go down

Post by Donald Williams Sun Jul 13, 2008 6:34 pm

One story was a lump that was found in a womans breast, she had to go in for cancer treatment and radiation in three weeks, she prayed and prayed every night and three weeks later the lump was gone...I know, could be a coincidence...but anyways, you never answered how a belief in a god is contradictory in the first place.
Donald Williams
Donald Williams
Admin
Admin

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Cjanz Sun Jul 13, 2008 6:39 pm

It was subliminal.

It's contradictory because belief in one god is denying another, and then you're dealing with what's able to be proven, which isn't possible.
Cjanz
Cjanz
Admin
Admin

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Donald Williams Sun Jul 13, 2008 6:41 pm

That isn't contradictory, its what I believe happened, the proof itself is in the bible, (if you choose not to believe it, thats fine, I'm not going to try and force you) but being in a religion is not contradictory on your basis. Sure, religions contradict each other, but thats not at the fault of the individual religions themselves, if all religions agreed with each other, then it would just be one religion.

Last edited by Donald Williams on Sun Jul 13, 2008 11:15 pm; edited 1 time in total
Donald Williams
Donald Williams
Admin
Admin

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by MBelle Sun Jul 13, 2008 6:46 pm

God is about faith. That's why the whole proof thing is a fun discussion but doesn't usually change anyone's mind.

It's also why our founding fathers in their wisdom separated church and state. Once you start blending the two it's like oil and water. Faith can be pure, but people are fallible. If you base your belief in God on the actions of others you will nearly always be disillusioned.
MBelle
MBelle

Female
Registration date : 2008-07-13

Back to top Go down

Post by Cjanz Sun Jul 13, 2008 6:47 pm

In the end it only amounts to a difference in opinion. It's actually quite remarkable that religion can be picked apart by opinions and beliefs as opposed to what is represented as fact by any religion.
Cjanz
Cjanz
Admin
Admin

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Donald Williams Sun Jul 13, 2008 6:48 pm

Its also remarkable to the truth behind religions when looking throughout history.
Donald Williams
Donald Williams
Admin
Admin

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by JakeTheSnake Sun Jul 13, 2008 6:51 pm

Fun Fact:
Did you know their's a great flood in almost all ancient relgions. Yes I know that has nothing to do with what we're debating but I think it still fits the subject somewhat
JakeTheSnake
JakeTheSnake

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Donald Williams Sun Jul 13, 2008 6:55 pm

Yeah, and theres also proof out there that there was at one time a great flood.
Donald Williams
Donald Williams
Admin
Admin

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by fuzzy Sun Jul 13, 2008 6:58 pm

Not really.
fuzzy
fuzzy

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by MBelle Sun Jul 13, 2008 6:58 pm

I think people start getting scared and defensive about their beliefs. I've always thought there are many paths to God, and that God is pretty powerful and can take care of Himself. I don't get threatened by other's views. Everyone is on their own path and has unique experiences.
MBelle
MBelle

Female
Registration date : 2008-07-13

Back to top Go down

Post by Darkest Rocker Sun Jul 13, 2008 7:01 pm

Oh I dread debates about God online. Who cares if he does exist or does not? Everyone is entitled to their own opinion. I persoanlly believe in God..whether or not I can prove it is another story. Just because God cannot be proven...does not mean he does not exist. I am not saying I agree with every story in the Bible...but they are their to teach lessons. The strories are used as guidelines on how to live your life. I personally do not believe the whole Garden of Eden story, nor do I much fancy the story of the great flood, but I do believe that there is a supreme being which we cannot see. We just have to believe he is there to support us. I would like to think that when I die...I am not just going to become a decomposing body to host a colony of maggots, but that my spirit will move on. So I may be optimistic, but for me God is real.

There may not be any hard facts or proof...but you do not have any to suggest otherwise either Smile

I am just saying, everyone has the right to believe in whatever they want without being judged or faulted.
Darkest Rocker
Darkest Rocker

Female
Interests : Music yet again, whether I am listening to it, dancing to it, headbanging with it, or making my own
Registration date : 2008-06-25

http://www.myspace.com/alwaysbubbly

Back to top Go down

Post by Cjanz Sun Jul 13, 2008 7:03 pm

That's the best way to look at it. Everyone is entitled to what they want to believe, but in terms of debate, I'm always up for it.
Cjanz
Cjanz
Admin
Admin

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Donald Williams Sun Jul 13, 2008 7:04 pm

Darkest Rocker wrote:Oh I dread debates about God online. Who cares if he does exist or does not? Everyone is entitled to their own opinion. I persoanlly believe in God..whether or not I can prove it is another story. Just because God cannot be proven...does not mean he does not exist. I am not saying I agree with every story in the Bible...but they are their to teach lessons. The strories are used as guidelines on how to live your life. I personally do not believe the whole Garden of Eden story, nor do I much fancy the story of the great flood, but I do believe that there is a supreme being which we cannot see. We just have to believe he is there to support us. I would like to think that when I die...I am not just going to become a decomposing body to host a colony of maggots, but that my spirit will move on. So I may be optimistic, but for me God is real.

There may not be any hard facts or proof...but you do not have any to suggest otherwise either Smile

I am just saying, everyone has the right to believe in whatever they want without being judged or faulted.

Very good points, I too do not believe everything the bible says, for instance, Jesus himself said "For this I speak in parables" I think there are many who take a book of PARABLES way too seriously. I also do not believe the world is 6-10,000 years old, Heaven is not in our solar system, I think its very possible Heaven measures time much differently than we do.
Donald Williams
Donald Williams
Admin
Admin

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Darkest Rocker Sun Jul 13, 2008 7:09 pm

Same here.
I am more of a science based person, and the fact that earth is billions of years old can be proven, but just because the Bible states that it is much younger than in reality is not a determination on whether or not God exists. So I definately think that discrepancies with the times could truly and logically be defined in the way you have stated Smile
Darkest Rocker
Darkest Rocker

Female
Interests : Music yet again, whether I am listening to it, dancing to it, headbanging with it, or making my own
Registration date : 2008-06-25

http://www.myspace.com/alwaysbubbly

Back to top Go down

Post by VioletVenom Sun Jul 13, 2008 8:54 pm

there is no way of proving either one, but to me its completely ignorant to think there is nothing above us. People will accept the thought of an organized religion based God out of fear of hell. To say that there is in fact a God is delusional too. I do not think god created us. With god there has to be evil, no? So what gave god more of a right to create humans than evil? Doesn't that mean god has more power? And if God has more power, he could definetly win the battle between him and evil.
VioletVenom
VioletVenom
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Female
Location : Buried in the thick fog of Oregon's beautiful forests
Registration date : 2008-06-23

Back to top Go down

Post by Silent_Brad Sun Jul 13, 2008 9:12 pm

A favorite quote of mine: "If you read your history, you know that god is one of the leading causes of death" - George Carlin
Silent_Brad
Silent_Brad
GFX Designer
GFX Designer

Male
Interests : you

https://www.facebook.com/silentbrad

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 19 1, 2, 3 ... 10 ... 19  Next